Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies,
My DS's first birthday is coming up and I would like to do something in celebration of his first year and my first year as a mother. At first I wanted a huge bash but realized that would be just too expensive KWIM? I have decided to invite mostly my family and a few women with babies about the same age as my DS.

I had planned on using frogs as a theme and having the decor green and yellow with hand made decorations that my Step-kids would help make. Tonight I mentioned this to my Df and he said what about Sesame street.
I admit my DS watches sesame street, and stops everything when certain characters on the screen, namely big bird and elmo. I really didn't want to do a commercial birthday theme but now my DF is insisting on it. I was wondering if any of you had done a commercial birthday theme and how it turned out.

Next questions
I plan on inviting both omnivores and vegitarians. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make that work. I am all but clueless when it comes to vegitarian diet since I am a meat and potatos type of gal.

Lastly, how did you tell people what you preferred your DC's recieve if gifts were given. I have tried hinting to my family I would love it if they all pitched in a paid for kindermusik instead of loud plastic toys. But they all think I am nuts to want my 1 year old in a music class. Suggestions would be nice.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Hey! I had to post. . .

Ds is turning one this Monday and he just had his first Kindermusik class tonight w/ his daddy and looooooved it!
That is a great idea. Maybe you could put a fish bowl out at the party and label it 'Nathan's Kindermusik Fund'.
Or you could just put something on the invitation.

Noah's party is gonna be basically fish and primary colors. He is veeeeeery into fish!
familyfun.com has great 'theme' and cake ideas. (I am making the balloon cupcakes and the fishy cake for ds.
)

As for the menu--maybe you could do a good chicken salad and then an egg salad for the veggie lovers--that wouldn't work if they were vegans I guess. . .
And then you could just put out some rolls and they could make their own sandwhiches. Party mix and fruit/veggie trays are always a hit too. . .ooh, pm me if you want my 'famous' curry chicken salad recipe.

I hope you and your little one have a great party!

Sar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.