Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'm kind of new to the "natural world" and all I know how to do is balloons and streamers with a sugary cake laced with food coloring. I want it to be different than that. A friend of mine and I just had a baby shower for another friend and I was going about it in the annoying traditional way with soda etc. because that's all I know, but my friend suggested we do more of a "baby blessing" and I thought it was a really nice twist and wished I would have thought of it...so I'm trying to think ahead on this b-day thing.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I was a party planner pre-baby and even though I never did a "gala event"
for a one year old I've been thinking about DS's first b-day since I found our I was preggo!!!

Lets see - I sent out invites with a large 1 on it and the party info (including: only wooden toys please) but on the back were instructions to please bring something from September 2005, or even September 5th 2005, .i.e. a newspaper for a time capsule that I am making for DS

I am making a cake that looks like a bunch of wooden alphabet block that spell out "Happy Birthday, Connor!"

We're going to have the party at the local park, so that when and if DS gets overwhelmed I can take him somewhere quiet to calm down (He's a very sensitive baby)

Make sure to bring yummy foods and music that both older children and adults will enjoy! and don't schedule it for too long.

·
Registered
297 Posts
We celebrated by going to Gma & Gpas and had other family over. We ate dinner and sang the song. DS got a tiny cupcake with a candle. Mostly just a time to be with family...no presents, as we have way too many hand me down toys already. Just remember that they will not remember the event (other than by picts)...so the hoopla is mainly for the other guests.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.