Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is DS's first day of daycare (I've been back at work for 6 weeks, and DH has taken care of him). I can't stop
. It's a brand new center, which ios great in some ways, but even harder today since the carers are trying to meet 6 new children (instead of one.) What will the do if he cries? How will they know how to entertain him? This center is wonderful (and I know in my head he'll be well cared for) - but I'm just so emotional right now. I wasn't like this my first day at work. Sorry , just needed to vent.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It is SO hard, I know. There was a new baby at my babysitters yesterday morning and he was crying, it just broke my heart. The babysitter was busy with the other baby so I picked him up and he quieted down right away. Call the daycare as often as you want and make sure you let them know in what circumstances you want them to call you - if your child has cried for more than X minutes, for instance. Good daycares would not have a problem with this. Let all the worry and weepies out so they don't get in the way of your gut feelings about this place. You have to be very aware so you can feel the place out and let yourself trust them if they warrant it. Then when you trust them you'll feel much better about being away from your child.

The day's almost over, hang in there!

Liz

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's hard to trust someone else to care for our little ones. I have to bite my tongue so I don't end up telling dd's babysitter exactly what to do and how. I respect her greatly and trust her, so why would I need to direct her in how to do every little thing?

What's fun is finding out at the end of the day that she can be consoled/entertained in ways that you never tried. That's good for her to experience too.

Vent all you like, that's part of what we're here for.

-Kirna

1 - 3 of 3 Posts