Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will by my hubby's first daddy's day and I am so frazzled that I can't think of anything (other than maybe getting takeout) to do for him. He's such a fantastic dad, but sadly a dificult one to do things for or get gifts for as he doesn't have any non-geeky hobbies.

Just curious if you are planning anything special for fathers day. I need some ideas!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I'm framing DD's handprints for my DH. I'm using fingerpaint on bright construction paper and putting it in a cute frame. I had a hard time coming up with something too. That idea took a week to generate!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I made an I love daddy T-shirt for our DD to wear. I am setting up a game for him with different clues and at each one I'm going to write down a favorite memory of him with dd and a dad themed poem. The clues will eventually lead him to his gift which will be a movie gift certificate and some new golf balls/ tees so he can have the next couple off weekends off to do his own thing. And a steak dinner of course.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well, I have a three and a half year old as well as a 6-month old. This idea would not have worked as well without an older sibling and a few more years to generate more photos and shared memories, but maybe you can file it away for another year..... I got a small spiral-bound journal and we made an "I Love My Daddy Because..." book. I copied a whole bunch of photos of the kids with their daddy (using the 'kodak picture maker" at WalMart - you can do 6 3X4 photos per page, it ends up being pretty economical) and I glued the photos in the journal, each page with a few photos that had a shared theme (helping dad work; being carried by dad; dad teaching new skills, etc) and on each page I wrote, "I love my daddy because..." and finished it with a statement that related to the photos. For example, "I love my daddy because...he teaches me how to do things all by myself." "I love my daddy because...he keeps me close and safe"...etc - ending with "I love my daddy because...he loves me!" and huggy, kissy photos and one from each child's birth. I can't wait to give it to him!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts