Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,

Ok along with my other post on how to make baby's first foods... I am wondering what everyone fed (or is planning to feed) their babies and when.

The doctor told us at Avi's 4 mo appoitment that we can start him on food other than breastmilk between 4 and 6 months. I don't think he is ready yet (and I am not ready yet) but when the day comes I want to be ready.

Our doctor didn't care what order we tried food but just said do the rice cereal thing first....

So I ask you - when did your kids try something other than breastmilk (if they were ebf) and in what order did you have them try foods...

Any help and suggestions for feeding other than just nursing would be great!

Thanks!
-Alison

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
You should do some searching on here, there are probably 1000s of post about it.
DS was EBF until he could 1) sit unassisted 2) put food in his own mouth 3)over 6 months old. Okay, I think I gave him a small piece of banana at 5 1/2 months. He was good at putting food in his mouth by 6 1/2 months and I gave him bananas, avocado, and organic rice crispies. The rice crispies were more to go with the other food because it was slippery and hard for him pinch with out it slipping away. Never did rice cereal, it is empty calories and not necessary IMO. Also, babies tend to be overfed when fed by spoon. I went on with things like sweet potato, squash, peas (squeezed out of skins), used a mesh feeder for things like apples and grapes. We are still only on fruits veggies and a few grains at almost 10 months. We started organic (only oat, not wheat) cherrios at 9 months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.