Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're planning a homebirth but we're also looking for an OB for shadow care. We're going to see my first choice this morning. I really hope we can make it work with her, if not I'll have to reevaluate my options and consider a different birth plan that might not make my husband as comfortable.

Wish me luck.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i'm in the same situation as you... planning a homebirth but still seeing my OB who followed me for endo and did our IVF. he's really a great doctor, but OBs are supposedly very hostile to homebirth where i live and my HB midwife can only transfer to one hospital (with a bad rep - not the same as my OB's) so i'm torn because i want a solid backup plan. she even told me not to discuss my plans with him right away as it might affect the care i receive. (!) but that eventually it would be good if i could somehow make my wishes known. hospital births are notoriously medicalized here... i think the epidural rate at the clinic (with a good rep - where my OB goes) is 85%. yikes.

how did your appointment go? i hope your OB aligned herself with your birthplan. everything i've read about HB says a good backup is important.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
good luck on your appt! I had concurrent care last time as well, but I didn't even tell the ob before as the status of the law was a felony for lay midwifery at the time. He was cool after the fact- although I never mentioned I used a mw- just that it happened so fast. This time I don't know exactly if I am doing a hb or not for reasons I won't go into- but am seeing the ob regardless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.