Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first OB appt today & it went ok. His student doctor saw me first (after the nurse of course) ~ she couldn't find baby's heartbeat with the doppler, but then she went and got him for the rest of the exam & after he pushed down on my belly a bit he picked up a 150s heartbeat ~ it was the first time I've actually heard it for more than a "O there it is~ there it went" .... my Birth Mom & (birth) little sister got to hear it too<br><br>
He wanted me to get undressed for the pap & such & I told him I didn't want to do a pap because I don't believe you should introduce things to the cervix during pregnancy ... and he was totally nice about it! Said he was ok with that if I would be ok with doing one after baby comes - works for me - Though I probably won't see him the latter part of pregnancy unless something comes up.<br><br>
He did check things out & do a wet mount but didn't bother my cervix - didn't even do the routine palpitation that they do in early pregnancy.<br><br>
Other than that - it was pretty routine... breast check, blood draw, urine....<br><br>
I won't see him again until 19 weeks because of schedules. (Hubby is going for his AT for the Army & I can't do an appointment with 4 kids) So I should have my lvl 2 US shortly after that since he said he does them at 20 weeks which is fine by me since we don't plan on finding out sex anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Glad it went well! Always so nice to hear that heartbeat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts