Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am a SAHM/student of a dd and one on the way and have run into a bit of a snag. I have been takin gout student loans to help with the bills and now I am dropping below the hours required to get them since I am done with coursework and a baby is due in October. I have searched for jobs I can do to help bring in income from home but so far all I have seen is childcare (we live in student housing so it is SMALL and not a n option...) and sales. What else can I do??? We are really beginning to struggle financially and I might have to get a job as soon as the baby comes if i can't figure something out...Ideas??? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I don't have any other ideas for you, but I so get where you're coming from. Maybe you can check out the WAHM forum? I'm considering doing pampered chef, but I'm kinda scared of the selling aspect of it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Most student loans are easily deferred for many months. If you call and tell them you're having a problem, you can get the payments stopped for up to 36
months, so you might want to call and find out all the options.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Just thought the tutor idea was a great one wanted to offer kudos. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
Don't have any advice on income. But I would try the deferment of your old loans, that should help some.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
i suggest getting a job now and arrange it so you can work while DH is at home with your DC.....

that way you will be established somewhere, and may even get some form of mat leave when you have your baby!

·
Registered
216 Posts
The pp had a good idea. Maybe you could try somewhere that would be very understanding of the pg. (like a maternity store, baby store, etc.)

When I was pg last year I worked part time at a dry cleaners at night when Dh was at home with ds. I was a ble to sit down and make around $100 a week.

HTH

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree a part-time job opposite of DH's shift or weekends even if you just do it until the baby is born it will help out some. I work part-time evenings after DH gets home from work. I'm with the girls all day and he is usually with them while I work, MIL does watch them ocassionally if DH has something he needs to do.

How many classes would you need to add to be eligible for a loan. Is adding an elective or two worth it to keep your loans?????

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Why don't you add some online classes?

That would keep you at 12 hours and not increase the amt of time you need to be out of your house...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts