Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first period after DS was born (he's just over 11 months old), and I'm starting to worry it's like a hemorrhage. Yesterday was day 1, and it was very light even though I was on my feet all day at a park, and today it is heavier than it's ever been, even taking into account bleeding after both births. I've emptied my Diva cup over 6 times today, and most of those times it has been at least 3/4 full (15ml). The last time was about half an hour ago, and it was overflowing to the point of leaking.

This can't be good, right? I already have chronic iron deficiency anemia, and I did feel a bit faint this afternoon. Could be the loss of so much blood? I read online that normal blood loss during a period is up to 80ml. Well, I'm already past that, and it's only day two! Should I be worried? What can I do? Any suggestions?

TIA.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
My second child just turned 11 and I still remember my first PPAF after him! It was horrible and really heavy and it wasn't like that with either child #1 or #3 . I usually get a few cramps but my period never slows me down. Well, that time I was just laying on the couch moaning. I don't think the heavy bleeding lasted more than two days though, so you might want to call your HCP if it doesn't slow down today.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. (Somewhat) good to know someone else has experienced this! It hasn't slowed down today, and I'm having trouble with my Diva cup (but that's another post!). So far today I've emptied it twice, and have switched to tampons now. Still very heavy. The good thing is, I don't have any pain at all, which is unusual since I always have at least some cramping. Not a single cramp this time, which I'm liking.

I'll see how the rest of the day goes. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.