Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first time to change for your baby may be regarded as the beginning of a symbol of nursing the baby. Whether you use cloth diapers or disposable diapers, the following methods will let you become simpler and easier while changing diapers for your baby at the first time.

1. Selecting Diapers Category: Early in the end decided to use cloth diapers or disposable diapers, or if you used both of them, then buy supplies depend on your different circumstances.

2. Preparing Nursing Products: In addition to baby diapers, you should also prepare container for dirty diapers, baby wipes, diaper cream, liquid soap and other items.

3. Wipe: If your baby is a boy, wipe him and let your boy's penis down to prevent him suddenly pee; If your baby is a girl, you need wipe her from front to back to prevent infection every time.

4. Safety is all: If you change diapers your baby in a high place, you should always held him in case he fell.

5. Distraction: When you change diapers for your baby, you can distracted his attention with a small toy or a bell hung on the bed and prevent crying.

6. Making full use of diapers Time: This is a good opportunity to establish paternity feelings with your baby. Sing to him, talk to him, kiss him, make eye contact with him and so on.
:nerd: Any advice will be welcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have everything at hand, because you never want to leave your baby unattended. You'll need a clean diaper or two, something to wipe your baby with, and a flat surface. If your baby has diaper rash or is less than a month old, have cotton balls or squares, warm water, a towel, and diaper rash cream handy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree! I bought a cheap changing station for maybe like $10 that we nailed to the wall and it can hold all of the weight of diapers, wipes, rash cream, cotton balls/q-tips, etc. We nailed it right above the changing table so that I don't have to walk away from baby. I refill everything about twice a week while baby is napping. I learned this the hard way at the beginning when setting up the nursery to look "pretty" and had to keep picking up baby with me to go grab this or that during changing. Such a pain!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts