Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to use my mooncup for the first time after buying it months ago! It has a bit of a learning curve I'm feeling.

I ended up cutting the stem all the way off and now it's much more comfortable and I can hardly feel it except that I feel crampiness that seems to set in only when the mooncup is in. I remember reading something about breaking the suction by turning it a little once it's in but after doing a search I can't seem to find the thread on that. How would I go about doing that?

Also - I kind of feel like it's in too far. I think you're supposed to break the suction by running your finger along the rim before pulling it out but I can't reach in that far! Is it possible to lose it because it's in too far?? I didn't push it in at all, it just seems to slide in place - maybe it just takes some getting used to?

Also, are there any tricks to inserting it more easily? I feel kind of like I'm shoving it in there and I'm kind of afraid it might cause a UTI or something. Is it better to be sitting? Standing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
I find it easiest to insert mine while sitting on the toilet - I bear down just a bit to find my cervix, so I know where to place it (my cervix hangs low during my menses and also a bit back). To remove it, I just push in one side and then use that fold to fold it in half a bit - take it out slowly and more upright (so as not to spill).

I love mine so much!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Don't worry about losing it, it can't go any further up than your cervix - you should be weaing it just lower than where you would wear a tampon. If it just seems to slide into place then it is probably in the right spot.

To remove squeeze the bottom of the bell part, this should release the suction, don't try to remove it if the suction hasn't released, that is very painful. Bear down whilst removing as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.