Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that some cramping, especially in the very early weeks of pregnancy is normal, but I'm almost in my 10th week os my second pregnancy and have been experiencing uterine cramping several times a day every day virtually since implantation. I've talked with my Ob/Gyn about it, and he's prescribed me magnesium supplements that I've been taking for 3 weeks now. I'm still cramping! I'm not bleeding/spotting, and u/s shows the baby is doing just fine. I'm drinking plenty of water, but admit that I'm not getting much exercise since a normal walk to dd's school is enough to cause more cramping. I'm trying to take it easy, but this is really aggravating! Has anyone experienced this before and did it go away after the first trimester or do I get to put up with this for the rest of my pregnancy. Any tips??? I'd be so grateful for any input!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Every single one of my pregnancies has been like this and even though I know it's normal for me now I still hate it, it still makes me nervous.<br><br>
Sometimes infections can cause cramping, like BV or a UTI... has your care provider tested you for anything like that? Also dehydration always makes me cramp more.<br><br>
My cramping went away between 12 and 16 weeks I think. I told myself that as long as there's no spotting (which I did have along with cramping with ds and that turned out to be fine too!) with the cramping and you've been checked out for infections then it's all good, the baby is growing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts