Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had mine today! Measuring 9 weeks, which is perfect. I'm exactly 9 weeks today. The little bean is bigger than my daughter was at 9 weeks with a good heartbeat. I'm still on rest and get to go back next Tuesday. Still spotting, but neither doctor I saw is concerned.

Another plus, no lecture for such close pregnancies. My regular OB said that if my body wasn't ready, the egg wouldn't have caught. I started crying when I heard the heartbeat and saw little bean, and my OB hugged me because he knows it's a very tough time for me so early in pregnancy.

My current rest order is not to do anything except "mommy things." So amusing.

Reactions: spewie

·
Registered
603 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Aww yay. I had my second ultrasound last friday and saw the heartbeating away! I was measuring 5 days off but I know my cycle was long. It gives so much reassurance to see that flicker on the screen!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I was overseas for my first pregnancy and totally spoiled because they did an ultrasound at every prenatal appointment (starting at like 5 weeks) so there was never any guessing. I know it's also not good to have so many ultrasounds, but I'm not looking forward to (what seems to be anyway) the American way of only having like two. I have my first appointment scheduled next week (I'll be 8 weeks) and am already steeling myself to not have an ultrasound. I'd just like to know that everything is proceeding as normal but know that reassurance probably won't come until 12 weeks -- an eternity!

Badwolf what's your spacing? This pregnancy was a bit of a surprise for us and we had planned to wait a little longer (they'll be 23 months apart).

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Badwolf what's your spacing? This pregnancy was a bit of a surprise for us and we had planned to wait a little longer (they'll be 23 months apart).
My daughter is 6 1/2 months old. When this one is born, they'll be 13 months apart. Oops.

I'm on a frequent ultrasound schedule. My first two pregnancies were high risk, and I'm sure this one will be as well. Damn placenta!

·
Registered
862 Posts
We had our u/s as well. We thought we were 7w4d but they pushed us back to 6w5d, so I went ahead and had them move the due date. It makes sense, since I have a really short luteal phase. We also got to see the heartbeat, 135 bpm. I know the <140/boy, >140/girl thing isn't necessarily true, but since I also feel so much differently this pregnancy, and had a dream that baby was a boy, now I really feel like it is. I'm 8 weeks now.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Had the first ultrasound last week at 8 weeks exactly! Measuring on track and heart beat flickering away! It definitely feels more real now and I was relieved that so far everything seems normal.

Veritas, this pregnancy feels different for me, too (I know they say every pregnancy is different). I have way more nausea than I remember having with DD and I have a real hunch it's a boy, too. I'd be happy either way but this one has really felt like a boy even before I knew for sure that I was pregnant.

·
Registered
862 Posts
@oasis84, it is so funny how that goes. I was pretty sure the first was a girl, even if I didn't really verbalize it. When we had the u/s and they said girl I was just like, of course it is a girl. I'm super curious to find out the gender and we should find out in a couple more weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts