Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,<br>
I'm new here (just joined now) and saw this forum. I just went back to work this week, my daughter is 6 months now. I thought it would be ok, I negotiated with my boss to let me work at home 2 days a week, my husband is home with her, he brings her to me to nurse at lunch... all good. BUT it has been so hard to go back. I wish I could stay at home. After our lunchtime feedings, she goes back home and is distraught. I hate to think of her missing me and not understanding why I am not there. When does it get easier? Any advice on how to make the afternoons easier on the baby?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Give things awhile. It's a new schedule and routine. And a big change at that. It will take a few weeks for her (and you) to get used to it.<br><br>
If it's any help, I went back to work when my baby was 7 months and he cried every day when I left after feeding him for lunch. Now he watches me leave and smiles...he's in a place he feels safe and happy, with a caregiver who he knows. And he knows I'll be back in a few hours.<br><br>
Are you pumping? How's that going? I remember that was the scariest thing about the first week for me. I had to add a couple of pumping sessions to keep up with his huge appetite while I was gone and that was WITH me nursing him at lunch. But we made it through that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the encouragement, and I hope my baby figures out that I will be back soon. I'm actually not pumping, although I had planned on it. The past few weeks when I was still home with her she would eat in the morning, then sleep late morning, nurse at noon, nurse late afternoon... so her natural feeding schedule had longer stretches in it so I knew I would be ok without pumping at work.<br><br>
Now my dh has to learn to let her keep sleeping, even if he is supposed to bring her to me to feed. I'll make the arrangements to feed her when they get there, rather than having him wake her. Her being tired makes her cranky, and that's when she needs me the most.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts