Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other mamas who run? Or workout? I am finally starting feel good enough to start running again- I haven't gone for well over a month now!! I am a pretty avid runner, averaging about 15-20 miles a week. I also love to lift weights and do yoga.

I sometimes find it so hard to stay active and fit while pregnant... Anyone else struggle with this? How do you overcome?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I try... I was really good about it in my second pregnancy did up til sciatic nerve pain took me for a loop and then I moved across state and I never truly got back into it just to find out I had asthma. o_O But I am making strides though My husband and I purchased bicycles this last week so we aren't driving to places, like work, that are less than 2 miles away so it's a start. I did take my boys on a ride on the nature trail over the weekend and that was 13 miles for a rough estimate.
My favorite way to overcome my procrastination or laziness is to go to the gym right when I get out of work. I'm not called by couch, kids can't distract me, and chores. I have my focus and my discipline. Did that 1.5 years. lost 15 lbs while breast feeding 1, gained it back when I cut a couple of hours do to not changing how I ate. Put more time in when I was pregnant again and lost 4 extra lbs after the birth of 2 which I gained all weight back after moving because of a job that didn't leave room for the gym.
But I'm determined to get back to the gym after work again as long as I can find my inhaler :) I haven't gained any weight this pregnancy yet and I don't plan to until the end.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I try but dont have much time. I go to the gym 1 or 2 times a week if i can and i also try to go for 1 or 2 walks every week. I am not in shape and wasnt before preggo and had hoped to get in shape this spring but have been pregnant with ms instead lol. I figure any exercise however light is good for me and baby

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any exercise is good!!! I, however, am still feeling pretty yucky do have yet to go running. By the tims I get home from work I am SO drained. It's usually food, bath, and bed for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
exercise in any way is really good... I looked up benefits the other day out of curiosity since I've never looked before and one is the placenta grows faster/bigger and another is your less likely to be induced. I actually lost 4 lbs post pregnancy just from working up til i was 8 months, stopped because i was moving (needed to save money) and was having issues with sciatic nerve. This pregnancy I was swimming laps at the pool once a week but now I've hit the gym with 1 hour after roughly til my body feels the grove again. Been the same weight for 3 months though. Might even lose a pound or two before my appointment tuesday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts