Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm a single dad and I hope I'm welcome here. :)

Anyway, I recently enrolled my son at 360 Krav Maga which has self defense classes for kids. Not only does he learn about self defense but he also learns about good life skills which will be useful for him as he grows up. He also has gained new and amazing friendships and his teachers/ coaches have been amazing. I'm wondering if it is a good idea to continue with this type of fitness class because I also enrolled him in their upcoming summer camp. So far everything has been great. I am also thinking of enrolling in other classes since he wants to be really active. What else can you guys recommend?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How to improve concentration?
Depending on how old your kid is, it may be tough at first with kids easily being distracted by a lot of things around them. But having them in an environment that is both fun and disciplined actually helps them with concentration. Like in the case of 360 Krav Maga, their coaches are amazing and know how to manage kids well. What makes it less difficult also is that first time trainee kids get to see other kids train as well which stimulates their mind and their senses to mimic what others do - ultimately making them concentrate on what the activity is. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depending on how old your kid is, it may be tough at first with kids easily being distracted by a lot of things around them. But having them in an environment that is both fun and disciplined actually helps them with concentration. Like in the case of 360 Krav Maga, their coaches are amazing and know how to manage kids well. What makes it less difficult also is that first time trainee kids get to see other kids train as well which stimulates their mind and their senses to mimic what others do - ultimately making them concentrate on what the activity is. :)

Many things can help improve cognitive training, but the most important thing is to find what works best for you. Some people find that listening to music or reading while they work helps them stay focused, while others prefer complete silence. The most important thing is to figure out what works best for you and stick with it. Read more here How to Clear Your Mind and Increase Concentration

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many things can help improve cognitive training, but the most important thing is to find what works best for you. Some people find that listening to music or reading while they work helps them stay focused, while others prefer complete silence. The most important thing is to figure out what works best for you and stick with it. Read more here How to Clear Your Mind and Increase Concentration
Thanks for this. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I'm a single dad and I hope I'm welcome here. :)

Anyway, I recently enrolled my son at 360 Krav Maga which has self defense classes for kids. Not only does he learn about self defense but he also learns about good life skills which will be useful for him as he grows up. He also has gained new and amazing friendships and his teachers/ coaches have been amazing. I'm wondering if it is a good idea to continue with this type of fitness class because I also enrolled him in their upcoming summer camp. So far everything has been great. I am also thinking of enrolling in other classes since he wants to be really active. What else can you guys recommend?
If he likes the sport, you can encourage him to keep going.Click here for more articles on improving teenage interest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts