Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I don't know about y'all, but I've been having a bit of a hard time motivating to do the fitness activities that I should, and want, to be doing. First it was morning sickness, then it was lack of energy, and now...well, I just need to get going.

If any of you are finding yourself in a similar spot, I thought it might be helpful if we had a weekly "check-in" on our fitness/health goals and accomplishments, just to keep each other motivated and on task. I've seen it on other DDC's and thought it seemed like a good idea. Believe me, my goals (and likely my accomplishments) will be humble...but right now I'd be happy with anything other than sitting at my desk at work and sitting on the couch at home!

So I'll start...if anyone else wants to join in, that would be great!

My goals for this week are to go to my first pre-natal yoga class tomorrow night, and to walk my dogs with my DH at least 3 times this week.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
It has been so hot here lately so I have really fallen off the wagon, but I need to get my butt in gear.

I plan on waking up early, before it's 100 degrees
and walk to the playground/waterpark (about a mile away) with dd at leat 3 times this week

·
Registered
609 Posts
I hear ya, with the m/s, and the fatigue, and the HEAT! Last night I rode my stationary bike (watching Grey's Anatomy rerun) for about 45 minutes, and I couldn't believe how GOOD I felt about myself. The worst part for me is just that I have been a complete junk food junkie for the past couple of weeks. I have an appt. with the ob tomorrow, and I'm scared I'll have like 20 lbs gained from last appt!

So...my goals for this week are to drink lots of water every day and to ride my bike or walk around the neighborhood if it isn't too blasted hot at least 3X. And maybe I could eat some broccoli for once!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Oh man, I have REALLY let myself go... I'm supposed to be participating in this 60 mile walk in October and I wanted to do as much of it as I could, but I have just had NO motivation to go walking. It really doesn't help that it is prohibitively HOT
here in TX and I just don't want to move...

My goals this week are to go to the gym to walk on their indoor track Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, and to do my prenatal yoga video workout Friday and Saturday...

Maybe now that I've said it outloud, I'll go do it

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go mamas!!!

I walked my dogs with DH last night, so that's something. Now I just have to get myself to the yoga class tonight. Something always comes up at the last minute like, oh I don't know, dinner! I'm always starving after work (well, all day) and want to go home and eat everything I can get my hands on. I'm going to try to keep eating all day long so that I won't be hungry when the yoga class rolls around.

And I hear ya on the heat! It's kind of insane, and we don't have a/c at home, so I want to spend all my time at work or in the car where I can be cool!

·
Registered
12,302 Posts
I havent done jack crap. I'm still nauseas everyday, not puking as much but still gagging at everything.

So hopefully it will be over soon and I can get to doing somthing.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Okay so I was too freakin' hot at 8 am to walk anywhere. How about I make it the mall to walk around there before it opens three times this week?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Thanks for the thread! I need some extra motivation to exercise, too. I've been walking as much as possible (it's hot here, too) and I did my prenatal yoga dvd on Sunday night. I'm going to try and do it again today. I also want to start some sort of swimming regimen at the Y.

Did you make it to your yoga class, Christina?

·
Registered
514 Posts
This is good, I've been obsessing about the fact that I haven't moved in months. With morning sickness so terrible I was in bed the majority of the 1st trimester, and now the heat wave, I feel like mush. So yesterday, I took myself to a matinee in an air conditioned theater, and then had a salad (YUM) and then walked to an indoor mall and wandered and walked and tried on maternity clothes, so now I actually have some long stretchy shorts to wear, and I walked to the train station, and walked between stops when waiting for the train to arrive....Okay it sounds nice right? Excercise, what I needed and wanted?
Well, by the time I got home, I was so hot and overheated and starving, the kitchen didn't smell right, so I walked to the store nearly crying because my sacrum was really killing me and I had sciatica on both sides, and then the last rotisserie chicken was sold to the woman in front of me in line. So I burst into tears in New Seasons and one of the worker-boys asked me if I needed a hug and I confessed that, NO, I needed a rotisserie chicken, thanks anyway. But I felt like such a, a, a pregnant woman. A pregnant woman in need of a chiropractor. Sigh. Sorry for the vent.
But I want to go to a prenatal yoga class that fits into our schedule and it's proving elusive... And I want to walk...
I want to be strong and capable, it's hard when I feel overwhelmed...YKWIM?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by stormgirl
one of the worker-boys asked me if I needed a hug and I confessed that, NO, I needed a rotisserie chicken, thanks anyway.
LOL at work right now!!

(Sorry this isn't a rotisserie chicken!)

·
Registered
765 Posts
oh gosh. i guess i can't avoid the subject now that an entire thread is dedicated to it.

i've been SO lazy lately. literally, my day consists of waking up when DS does and making breakfast for him, then making breakfast for myself, logging into MDC and my other regular sites for a while, then taking a nap together, aking up, eating lunch, watching TV, getting back on the internet, reading to DS or playing games with him, then relaxing for a while when my husband gets home. then i cook dinner, eat with the family and head to bed. seriously, that's ALL.

i feel like such a bad mama because i'm so tired even AFTER napping that we never leave the house and indoor games are all we do.

anyway, i've taken the initiative. tomorrow, i'm asking DH to leave the stroller behind (it's in the trunk of the car) and i'm taking DS on a walk in the morning. this means really getting a move on when DS wakes up though because it gets roasting hot by about 10am. we'll have to leave here ASAP and hope to be back before the heat hits. even if we only walk for an hour 3x a week, it's better than nothing. we used to do that every single day last summer and fall after DS was born and i lost my pregnancy weight so nicely and evenly! i miss feeling healthy and energetic.

best of luck to all the mamas starting new workout programs! it's so hard between the fatigue and morning sickness and everything else. hopefully we can all stick with it!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I fell off the fitness wagon and feel like I got run over by it. I have no energy. I feel achy and wiped out just sitting at the computer right now. Does carrying a 29 pound toddler and a full laundry basket up three flights of stairs a couple of times a day count as exercise? Because it sure feels like hard work. DH doesn't think it's exercise though. He has been grumbling about continuing to pay our family membership at the gym when I haven't gone in 4months.
I would like to see him be pregnant. Honestly.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooedMama
Does carrying a 29 pound toddler and a full laundry basket up three flights of stairs a couple of times a day count as exercise?
Absolutely!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by meggles
Did you make it to your yoga class, Christina?
YES!! Woo-hoo! I have never loved yoga so much as I love it now! The teacher was AMAZING! She's also a doula, and is very focused on strengthening your body to prepare for the "marathon" of labor, rather than just doing a modified or easier version of a regular yoga class.

It's expensive, but I think I'll try to go once a week if I can...it's like having a childbirth class and workout all in one. Yippee!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I've been to the YMCA twice this week and hope to make it a habit for the rest of my pregnancy and hopefully life.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *~Danielle~*
I've been to the YMCA twice this week and hope to make it a habit for the rest of my pregnancy and hopefully life.
Way to go Danielle!

I've been looking into the Y by my house, too. What do you do there?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts

Okay, it will be helpful to have others nudge my butt along

Okay, last week I did a 30 minute walk on Friday and a Bikram Yoga class.
This week I plan to do another 30 minute walk and one/two more Yoga classes. Will check in to tell how much I've accomplished.
Mel.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hannah8ball
I made it to the gym last night and walked for an hour!!
Way to go!

·
Registered
24 Posts
After staring at my belly several times a day to determine if it is bigger yet, this is my other big obsession...When oh when will I start exercising again?

m/s is coming to an end and I'm starting to get my energy back, thank goodness because the house and laundry and dinners have sure suffered so far!

So my goals: go to first prenatal yoga class on Saturday and walk to get the mail three times a week (1 mile roundtrip). Next week I'm teaching a summer camp so I think I need to gear up for all the energy that I'm sure to expend. Oh, boy, I hope I can make it without food on demand!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts