Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working myself into a right state.

I have an order out that hasn't yet arrived here. I e-mailed the WAHM to ask exactly the date was when the order shipped. She wrote back with the DC number and all the info for the delivery. My order was delivered June 1 but the address was wrong. I don't mean wrong house number, I mean city and state.

I'm not upset about that part. I know this mama will make it right. I love this wahm so much and I know she would never ever in a million years let anyone down.It was an honest mistake. What has me worked up is the thought that someone, maybe another customer may have gotten my order and assumed it was theirs for the keeping!!!! I will be so angry if this is what has happened.

Ok, letting go of some of the anger here. This is what I'm hoping for...I hope that the person who got it will make sure it will be returned to this fabulous WAHM. I'm not all that hopeful since it's been 12 days and it's already been delivered.

That is stealing! Even if it was a mistake, it's still stealing!
:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
hmmm, could they have maybe thought they had been fairied? i'm not on the list, but if i was and i got a package full of cloth diapers i hadn't ordered i would probably assume the fairy had visted. just a thought and sorry this happened!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I've had that happen before, with other goods.
Someone bought me stuff off my amazon wishlist, but i'd moved and completely forgotten all about changing my addy in amazon.

I noticed one day that I had good coming (a jack in the box appears) and that they had been "delivered" already.

Turns out, UPS let some lady sign with a X! they wouldn't accept responsibility for THEIR mistake. I called my old apt complex and inquired about the new resident, and they told me it was a little asian woman (if I remember correctly) who didn't even speak/write english well enough to pay rent. She had to have someone come in and write out her check for her!

What on EARTH she did with a copy of a perl book (scripting language for computers) and a copy of a wallace and gromit dvd I'd have NO idea...
Made me laugh to think of it though!

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, someone else does have my order. I know this now.

The mix up happened because me and this other person have the same first name. Let me just say that if this person is under the mistaken impression that they've been fairied, it's one helluva gift. I hope this person will contact the wahm and at least offer to pay for this order.

It has happened that I've gotten diapers in the mail I hadn't paid for and I immediately contacted the wahm to let her know. This was in the days before all this fairying was going on. I am really sick of all this dishonesty that is going on so I guess it touched a nerve with me today.

So my advice is if you get something in the mail you didn't order, make sure it isn't an order someone else is waiting for.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
hmmm, i'm guessing this was more than one or two dipes. eek and
: btw, i had an order get shipped to someone with my first name once before too, but luckily she contacted the wahm right away asking what the dipes were and the wahm paid her to send it on to me. hope this gets worked out!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
What was it? Maybe if ya tell us what it was, if we're the mysterious person we can tell you?

I haven't gotten anything recently (darn!) but if I had, I'd WANT to know it was yours and not mine! (and not a fairy gone mad!!)

·
Registered
946 Posts
I've done that before- sent a package to someone by accident... thankfully she asked me why she got a mystery package and didnt assume it was a fairy gift- otherwise that poor other mama would have waited eons for her package since I had *no* idea I had sent it to the wrong person.
:

With DC the wahm would be able to know who she sent it to by accident (now that the problem was made aware) and could email the other mama and give her the heads up not to drool on your package!

But thankfully it all worked out!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aherne
and could email the other mama and give her the heads up not to drool on your package!
oh my goodness... :LOL

i'm glad it all worked out too!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSugarKane
I am glad it all worked out.I wish I knew the whole story because , well , I am nosey

"Me too."

Me three!
:
Will you tell us if we guess correctly? I'll go first...
I think someone got your order, figured she got a nice visit from the diaper fairy, and happily put the dipes on her little one's bum. Then, after reading your posts, she realized she got the wrong package but was embarrassed to say anything. She contacted you privately, and is planning to send you the dipes.
So...am I right????? Am I the only one who loves making up stories about people they see or situtations they hear about that seem interesting?

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, this is what happened...

I ordered a coveted item. Apparently, I have the same first name as another customer. This other customer place 2 separate orders when I placed my one order. The wahm thought she only had one customer with my first name so she deleted my order while the other order went out ok. So basically, I was overlooked
The wahm is making it up to me tho. REALLY REALLY making it up to me

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.