Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this... I could really use some support and help.<br><br>
I have evolved over the past 12 years in parenting. My first 2 kids were circumsized without question for several reasons. If I'd realized I had a choice, I would have used it.<br><br>
By the time DS3 was born we decided not to circumsize, but were not prepared for the doctor who scared and bullied us. Never again and obviously my DS4 has a beautifully intact penis.<br><br>
But it was done to DS3, and I cannot tell you how deeply I regret this...and now he's having problems. They came to my attention 1-2 years ago but Jack is pretty private about it and FREAKS out if I try to investigate. I figured it was some irritation, so I had DH help him wash it and use some cream a couple of times, etc.<br><br>
It wasn't completely healing and would keep getting irritated. So I finally got him to let me look a couple of times. It looks like he has adhesions. The skin from the shaft has healed into the sulcus/glans except for one pocket that allows things to settle inside (fuzz, soap, etc) and it's very painful for him.<br><br>
Does ANYONE know anything about this and how they fix it? It's time, I can't put it off any longer as I'ver finally think I've found what is going on with him and despite how traumatized he will be from gong to the doc's it's got to be fixed. I'm assuming when he starts having erections regularly, it's going to be painful, and a gap like that is going to keep getting infected.<br><br>
He is going to freak out and that's bad enough. I feel awful! But I'm afraid procedures on the area will cause more problems too.<br><br>
I've heard there's a steroid cream you can use on adhesions but so far haven't heard too many positives. There's also EMLA to numb it and then they rip it open or there's surgery. Won't ripping or surgery cause scar tissue and/or sexual or other issues later? And painful recovery??<br><br>
This scares me to death.<br><br>
I thought maybe I'd been neglectful of care, but apparently this happens to a lot of circ'ed kids???

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
I don't have any advice, but I'm positive the posters on the circ board will have some info for you. Good luck. <a href="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=44" target="_blank">http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=44</a>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts