Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, dd , 15 months old,has gotten to the point where she is pulling my shirt down (I wear mostly scoop necked shirts)no matter where we are...so what do I do? I mean, if she didn't weigh 22ish lbs, I would just carry her around nursing....she's never been a very private eater
...and I NIP all the time BUT I do try to keep it to myself as much as possible...what to do? Thanks mommas!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Umm, I'd have to vote to wear a diff style shirt. I usually play with DD's hands because she fiddles a lot. If I play with her hands, or more specifically, her free hand (one is usually tucked between us) she cant pull my hair or play with my other breast, stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nak....I do try to keep her busy...wanna guess how many toys I've bought in the last couple store trips???
She really does it most when I am carrying her through a store and pushing the cart w/ my other hand...I guess I need three arms....

Thank you momma! I suppose I will be buying more shirts...bummer bcuz I detest shopping...NOT

·
Registered
155 Posts
LOL I thought you meant she does it while you're nursing. Maybe put on a big chunky necklace so that she is more attracted to that at your neckline rather than your shirt. It might be more stylish to buy new shirts though hehe. GL

I know how you feel with the toys thing lol, DD tends to get a toy at every shopping time hehe

·
Registered
870 Posts
Do you nurse in a carrier? It might help your needing 3 hands problem! My DD has started with the pulling at the shirt thing too. I am going to have to buy some higher necked shirts too.

I actually made one in the style of the "boob" tops and it works great for nursing so my tummy isn't exposed. I am going to have to make more of those with a higher neckline.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'll click the above link and find out about a nursing necklace...

Also, I suppose I am lucky that layering is in...yesterday I wore one of my tank tops that is really long w/ a tee shirt that I could wear BEFORE my giganto nursing breasts
it's a bit more, um, fitted now...and she figured out to pull up the tee shirt but didn't have as much success with letting it all hang out

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have you tried carrying her on your back in an Ergo (or mai tei carrier)? Then you'd have both hands free to shop & unless she has really long arms, it most likely would not be a problem... I do this all the time, so let me know if you have any questions.

April

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.