Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought he flour sack dish towels from walmart a few times and they are 5 for $5. They are just one layer of cotton material. I think they are about 30x30. So do you think they would work as flats? I might try some tomorrow...where are the links to folding techniques? I used flats on Sam as a nb, but I don't remember how I folded them. :LOL
Debi

·
Registered
3,371 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I haven't used those either but I'm a huge flat fan. I use them primarily as pocket stuffers now that my toddler won't sit still long enough for pinning/snappi-ing). I've used thinner gerber gauze ones too and I LOVE those too. They wash and dry in a snap and you never have to question if they're really clean or not. I say, GO FOR IT! And post your results here. Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
I diapered my first two with flats, pins, and plastic pants (actually, I got some nylon pants when they were a little bit older.) They were every bit as effective as the fancy ones I sewed for ds (though not as much fun.)

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to wash them and try em out today...we are going camping next weekend, so that's why I wanted them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts