Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Haven't posted here in a while. I see that we can't do a search here now. DD had been in the same size forever but now we need the next size so I was looking into flats.

Which material is esier to wash/dry and which brand/store has them?

TIA

·
Registered
788 Posts
Search has been re-enabled.

The most common flats I've seen are birdseye ones. I got some from www.cottontailbaby.com. A lot of stores have them though. There are also flats made from velour or hemp but those can't be snappi'd (but would be more absorbent). I think regardless of material they are easy to wash and dry because they are so thin.

Try a search now and I'm sure you'll come up with some more sites.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Birdseye is a really common fabric for flats to be made of. Birdseye flats are quick drying and fairly versatile. There are other fabrics too, but like the PP said some aren't as easy to snappi.
Amy

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
I ditto the birdseye - you can also get them from www.diaperware.com. Another option that I like are the *flour sack towels* that you can find at Target or Walmart. They are 30"x30", can snappi easily, and also dye up really nicely if you want to do that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, I will check those birdseyes one out. Snappi shouldn't be an issue since I am going be be using those in covers (most prob.)

Does anyone had experience with hemp-fleece flats? I have some hemp-fleece lying around here and I am thinking stitching 2 layers together to make a flat diaper. What should be the size for a 20 Lb, 14 month old child (kind of skinny)?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Cotton babies sells the birdseye flats for $14.99 a dozen.
I prefer something more absorbant, like flannel or terrycloth. Both dry relatively fast if they are a single layer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts