Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD has flat warts. I talked to the pediatrician and was told that almost all children get flat warts at one time or another and usually they go unnoticed since they are flesh colored. Ped says most all flat warts go away on their own.

My DD's flat warts are on her face, under her nose. It started out as 4 small ones under her nose but now she has a couple on her nose, one on her cheek, one on her forehead and I just found a few in the crease of her arm. She's had them for a couple years but they've just started spreading.

It's getting to the point that I want to try to get rid of them.

I had them for years and read that oil of oregano is a powerful antiviral and will help get rid of them. I took it for 2 weeks, it cured them, they disappeared and have never returned. I talked to the ped and he said I could try it with DD. She took it for several weeks but it didn't do a thing.

Now what? I have no idea what to try next. Does anyone have any experience with flat warts?

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm bumping this because we're still dealing with the flat warts
She now has several along her lip line.

Please, anyone.....does anyone have any suggestions?

We've been to a dermatologist but because they're on her face, our options are really limited. He prescribed an acne cream which he says has proven successful in treating flat warts but so far, it hasn't worked.

I would desperately appreciate any thoughts. We're so limited because they're on her face but I'm just so concerned that she's going to start getting teased

·
Registered
530 Posts
I don't know if these are the same kind, but ds had warts on the bottom of his feet a couple of years ago. They were hurting him when he walked. So we took him to the doctor; he froze them, and then I bought the acid stuff at the store (which didn't hurt him). They went away really fast, and they've never came back. I probably would of tried a natural method first, but he was in pain and he just wanted them gone!

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, everything I've read too says it should clear up on it's own but she's had them for 4 years now and they're not going away

I'm pretty sure it's not Molluscum Contagiosum. She's had this for years and, the flat warts don't have a head and nothing comes out of them when squeezed. They're flat but raised, flesh colored groups of bumps. And I did take her to a dermatologist who confirmed flat warts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.