Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
It is good to keep the seeds refrigerated or frozen if you don't use them up very fast but you don't have to worry if they haven't been refrigerated for a couple of weeks. It's after flax is ground that you have the danger of them going rancid. They will be fine for at least 3 months probably up to 6 unrefrigerated.

We do the coffee grinder thing to. Every morning, I put nuts and seeds and grind them up and we add them to hot or cold cereal, sprinkle over yogurt, add to smoothies, etc. You can even replace some of the flour in your baked goods with ground flax.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
You could do that - or I know some stores sell flax meal already ground. You will have some nutrient loss and would probably want to use them up within about a month so they don't go rancid.

I found that when I keep the coffee grinder out on my counter, it just takes a second to drop a handful of seeds in and grind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.