Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I used to give some to Marah Jade before she got old enough to taste it.<br><br>
I found this <a href="http://www.vegfamily.com/health/flax-seed-oil.htm" target="_blank">chart</a> online that I followed:<br><br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">DOSAGE<br>
The general dose recommendation is 1000 mg per 100 lb body weight. One tablespoon of the oil provides roughly 1000 mg. When adding oil to your diet, consider how much you already get from other sources, such as walnuts and olive oil. If you often eat other omega-3 rich foods, adjust downward. Too much oil is laxative, but otherwise it's not considered harmful to take too much.<br><br>
Babies, toddlers 20-30 lbs: 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon<br>
Children 30-50 lbs: 1 teaspoon<br>
Children 50-75 lbs: 2 teaspoons<br>
Kids 75-100 lbs: 1 Tablespoon<br>
Over 100 lbs, adjust up</td>
</tr></table></div>
When she got older she stopped liking the taste of it so now I give her ground flax seed when I can.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I just add a squirt (maybe 1/2 tsp?) to the straw-cup of rice milk he takes to daycare. He usually drinks it all. I also sometimes add ground flax seeds (maybe 1/4 tsp?) to his yogurt. He's 16 mo and weighs about 26lb.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I do just a little squirt (probably 1/2 teaspoon) in my ds's yogurt in the morning. I can't even taste it, so I doubt he notices.<br><br>
Wendi

·
Registered
815 Posts
Ds 19mo. actually likes it off the spoon! I'm still surprised by it. I don't always offer it by spoon though, I usually mix it into our smoothie.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
I've opted to add flax meal to ds' morning oatmeal per a friends suggestion from Super Baby Food. She adds flax oil to her dd's oatmeal.<br><br>
I do give ds a tsp of CLO daily, but I use a dropper because it's easier to deal with. The spoon can get messy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts