Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I live in State College, but am willing to travel to find a good flea market. Anyone know of any? Even in Nj...I've got family there and can make a trip.

·
Registered
563 Posts
My mom lives in PA and she said there's a flea market in "Marshalls Creek" and "Saylorsburg". Don't know how far that is for you, but hope that helps.

RayRAy

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
There is one in West Nanticoke, called the Garden Drive. Also a few in Scranton PA. I haven't been to the one in Scranton in years. I don't think either are worth traveling for, though.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
The ones around here (Scranton area) are beat. There's one in Dickson City at the drive-in theater, and an indoor one in Eynon at the old Sugermans. It's usually old junk, household goods that were probably stolen off a dock in NYC, and crafts. I've been to the Saylorsburg one though, many years ago, and it was nice.

·
Registered
241 Posts
there are a few outside new hope on the jersey side that are pretty good--the golden nugget and another one whose name escapes me. lots of antiques and oddities, a little pricey, though, at least for me.

there are also a couple out near lancaster that happen once or twice a year and are usually a treasure-trove of goodies. way back when, before kids, my partner and i would hit up a few sales that way and scored somepretty cool stuff. we found out about them through a now-defunct website that listed flea markets, so i can't help out any more than that, but maybe someone from the area will know what i'm talking about.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Rice's is a great flea market. It's in Bucks County PA (outside of philly). I think it is open every Tuesday (maybe). It's HUGE and tons of people go there. HTH!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I think the other one is Green Dragon Audrey.

There is Renniger's right near Reading, and Zerns in Gilbertsville also

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks mamas!! All a bit of a drive for us...but we go to Philly/Jersey often, so I'll check out the one in Bucks county. Where is it exactly?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
The Green Dragon is open every Friday - I really like it. But I'm afraid I go more for the food that's there...yummy homemade baked goods

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Saturday's Market in Middletown, PA, near the Harrisburg Int. Airport...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Roots Market in Lancaster - I think there may be a website somewhere - it has like 2 or 3 huge indoor markets that are mainly for food, then outside is a huge flea market, food stands and some cool Guatamalean stuff, some antique dealers too. It's on every Tuesday and the first Sat. of the month. You can come hang out with me Lizzo!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
yeah roots is awesome, you can get fresh produce so cheap there!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Where in NJ do you go? There is a big one not far from Ft Dix. Columbus Farmers Market.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.