Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you all get rid of fleas? We had two inside cats and one that adopted us that we are trying to get to be inside, but that is a hard habit to break. The dog goes outside just for the bathroom.

Two weeks ago we did the whole flea treatment, baths, the flea drops on the neck and also completely defleaed the house - flea powder that sat on the carpets, vacuumed and put everything that I could in the dryer to kill the buggers. Now here we are and they all have fleas again and I found two in my bed and have also been bitten.

I am sure they are coming in on the kitty (her name is actually Kitty
). Should we just give them baths every week and not bother with the fleas drops? We had flea collars but they weren't working. Also any natural remedy would be nice as all those chemicals are horrid (that is what we used before - they had natural type stuff but it was way expensive and you never now how natural walmart stuff really is!)

I guess it's not a big deal, but I tend to get sick if I get to many flea bites. I just feel like the house is never clean with the little things running around.

Thank you,

Julie

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for you responses. After posting my question I was reading around and saw that a few other people had the same question and I got a lot of ideas there as well. So Tuesday is bath/borax/Frontline day for the kitties! They will love us!

Julie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts