Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take a load of wet laundry to the laundry mat today. Inside was six different fleece blankets. Several were baby blankets and one was a hand made blanket I made for my 4 year old son a few Easter's ago. He really loves that blanket. . . The dryer got too hot, I think. All the other clothes were fine but everything that was fleece is really course, rough, and scratchy to the touch. Other parts of the same blanket remain soft and normal. I haven't tried to rewash them yet, but I was wondering if there was anyway I could get the blankets to soften up, even if they never go back to the way they were before. Just so that you would still want to cuddle with the blanket.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
If the fleece has pills (little, rolled up bits of fuzz) all over it, you can use a "sweater shaver" to get them off. I'm pretty sure you can buy them at most fabric stores and probably even Walmart.

Otherwise, I'm not sure. Vinegar is a great fabric softener, so a rinse with that might help the next time you wash it. Sounds like the blanket is more than just a little stiff though.

Although, kids are funny. Your DS might not even care. My DD has a fluffy, white stuffed elephant- at least it used to be white and fluffy- that she takes everywhere. It doesn't matter how filthy or matted Ellie gets, she loves it anyhow. I have to sneak it out to wash while she sleeps. She loves it just as well clean too.

Maybe he won't give it a second thought.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sounds like it sort of melted
This has happened to me b4. . . and sadly it was when the dryer got too hot
Fleece should always be run on either *fluff air* or *gentle dry* fleeced is really quick to dry so putting it on the hot long cycle can melt it
Though I have not had any diaper problems though . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.