Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a couple dipes that are AIO's as far as I know with the outer being fleece. Is fleece capable of keeping wetness form getting on clothing? My daughters pants seemed damp after wearing one yesterday. I love fleece becaue it dries fast and is soft and so cute

What are your thoughts on fleece covers and AIO's? I still mainly use cpf's and PUL covers, but dh would love to by a dozen fleece AIO's.

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I thought about fleece was that liquid goes through it but then it stays dry, but then I hear all this talk about fleece covers. I thought the point of a cover was to keep clothes dry.

So.........

I am confused
:

My stash is currently working very well, but when I have some fun money to spend on dipes I was thinking of buying some fleece covers. Anyone have some brilliant knowledge on this issue?

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
fleece is not waterproof.. it is only water resistant... meaning it will not get wet itself.. and usually does fine as long as the diaper is not soaked. If the diaper is overly saturated or your baby is sitting for long periods of time you will get compression wicking from the pressure of the wet diaper compressed against the fleece.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It will wick through if compressed. I've found that fleece is only as good as the diaper under it (dealing in fleece covers, that is). I was trying to use just a prefold under fleece and had tons of compression wicking. I switched to good hemp fitteds and I can hardly ever feel dampness through the cover. I think that's why people have good luck with fleece at night....they tend to have a super-diaper under it! I love fleece because it is breathable and so soft around the legs...no elastic lines ever!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, that makes sense. I may have to look into some hemp fitteds. My daughter is a heavy wetter so that could be the problem, as well as the material inside the AIO. I do think fleece seems to be the most comfortable material on her chubby legs

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have several fleece covers and AIOs, I love them because of how soft it is on the skin. Have you tried any Honeyboys AIOs? We have lots of luck with them. WAHM Boutique has a bunch of them, don't forget to use the coupon code "MDC" for 5% off and free shipping!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.