Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting the finishing touches on my newborn stash, and I wanted to make some microfleece liners to put inside the diapers. I did a search here and thought I knew what I was doing, but when I tested one of my new liners by runnings some tap water over it, the water just beads up and runs off instead of soaking through the fleece. I thought I was careful to buy just plain ol' microfleece; it came from JoAnn's and has a print. Is there something else I'm doing wrong? I washed them once (with Ecover) and dried them once, no fabric softener. Does this mean I must have bought water-resistant fleece? Do I just need to wash them a few more times?
Any thoughts appreciated...

·
Registered
213 Posts
It beads up and runs off if you just dribble water on top. Don't worry, when the baby's bottom is pressed against the fleece, it will work properly. Try holding it right up next to where the water comes out of the faucet and you'll see it go through. I also use JoAnn's anti-pill regular fleece with good results.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm...okay, I pressed it up to the faucet and it did seem to go through then, though some still pooled up on top. Hopefully they'll be fine, since I really don't have time to go cut a bunch of new ones.
Thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.