Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try and make an all fleece pocket...that way it wont need a cover right? How many layers would I need to do for the outer layer so it wont wick? I would like to use the microfleece for both inner and outer so would the outer layer doubled up be enough? What do you suggest? My DD is not a heavy soaker so I would think two layers should be good. I just have the microfleece from Joannes, would the anti-pill stuff be better...any other suggestions other then the maiden mills? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Here are the directions from SewDiapers: http://www.sewdiapers.com/fleecepocket.htm

If you don't want to go the MM route I'd suggest you do get the anti-pill stuff from JoAnn's and use two layers for the outer part. I'd also treat it with DWR which you can get at REI outdoor stores (it's NixWax).

If she wears a large I can give you a diaper cut of 300wt Windpro from MM (no charge). I started cutting for a large cover and forgot that I needed an allowance to make it a cover and not a diaper! Duh! But it would be perfect for a pocket diaper.
If you're interested just pm me with your address.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts