Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to embark on diaper sewing, but I have run into some confusion...
I understand that you can use fleece as a cover for diapers and it has waterproof qualities. But, some diapers use microfleece as a liner to help wick moisture away from the skin. So, could you have a diaper with a microfleece liner and a fleece cover? Would it leak?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Yes, you can use microfleece on the inside and fleece on the outside. It should not leak, provided you have enough absorbancy in the middle. Fleece can have compression (like when they are sitting in a carseat) wicking, but should not happen unless baby is sitting in a wet diaper for a long time.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Microfleece is thin enough to let the wetness pass through, where it is then trapped by whatever absorbent material you are using inside your pocket. Polar or Alpine fleece (or sometimes called blanket fleece) is thicker and is considered water-resistant (unless it is also sprayed with a waterproofing treatment)--and makes very good covers and pocket dipe outers.

An expanded explaination in this thread here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=672438
because I'm nak!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.