Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been to spinning babies, gotten some info from my new MW, even googled it, and want to know, have any of you successfully flipped a breech baby? I'm 35 weeks now, and babe is breech. It seems there was some confusion, we thought it was head down but a quick u/s confirmed it's a breech. So I spent a half hour this eveninginverted on my ironing board, with ice on my tummy, and two very worried dogs at my sides. So far, I am getting lots of kicks in the cervix. Somebody's not happy! I am going to plan to meet with a chiropractor and am considering homeopathy, but wanted to get some real feed back from you ladies. Thanks!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I flipped my own baby about 2 weeks ago. I don't recommend that, necessarily! But, I posted about it here. I was just barely 34 weeks.

I also had a completely painless and non-invasive ECV with a midwife at 37 weeks during my first pregnancy.

If baby still has a lot of room, there's no guarantee that she/he'll stay...

My midwife told me a story when I was all concerned about baby's positioning about a client she had whose baby suddenly turned breech at 38 weeks. They confirmed with u/s, and the cord was around baby's neck. Then a week later when she went into labor, baby came out vertex with no cord around its neck. So, it just goes to show that sometimes our babies are wiser than we are and that there may indeed be a reason for them flipping that we don't know about.

Not that this is the case with your baby, but the story made me feel better and less stressed about baby flipping (and flipping back).

Hope that helps somehow!

Sadie

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
My baby has flipped. I was talking to my dad about it yesterday saying I wonder if it was the (fill in the blank) or the (fill in the blank) that I tried. His response? Or maybe it was just time and he was going to flip, anyway!

Anyway, we did:
Inversion
Headphones on lower abdomen
Accupressure points on outter pinky toes
Websters technique with a chiro (I'm convinced this did it b/c he was in one spot for the longest time and that area was "tight". He flipped to transverse after one visit and was heads down after the 2nd one.)

If he was not turned as of yesterday, I was also going to get homeopathic pulsatilla and do moxibustion (not spelling that right, I think) accupuncture treatments.

GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Yeah we just had 2-3 ladies here successfully flip their babies. Keep it up!

·
Registered
64 Posts
My baby flipped at 36 wks 6 days. He had already turned from full frank breech, with head bobbing in my ribs, to transverse head-down earlier that week. During that week, I did 3 visits with a Webster chiro, did a few inversions, frozen peas near baby's head, and homeopathic Pulsatilla, as recommended by my homeopath for turning a breech baby. I have no idea which of these things helped, or if he was just going to turn on his own anyway. I was planning to try Moxibustion next, and was scheduled for an External Version at the hospital at 37.5 weeks.

Try not to get too discouraged. For me, the thought of automatic C-section after 2 vaginal births, was incomprehensible at first. The fact is that some babies just move head-down later than average. It is true that sometimes baby can choose the breech position for it's own safety, like the cord is wrapped around its neck several times and it just can't get too far from the placenta. In such cases, the baby may never move out of the breech position, no matter what you try. I came to terms with this possibility and realized that in such a case, I would definitely want the c-section for the baby's health. It made me feel so much better about the whole situation, once I came to sort of trust my baby. I tried the few things I mentioned above, but I was much more at peace with the whole situation. Then, when I was 37 weeks and found out that baby had moved head down, I was just so proud of him!

Good luck! Remember, you're only 35 weeks, and baby still has time to turn!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you ladies! So far, I'm trying
inversion
homeopathy
chiro next week
birthing ball
some visualization, which is hard to do upside down with two big, curious dogs.
and i did schedule an external version for 37 weeks.

Last night I dreamed about swimming, too! My question is, if none of this ends up working for us, do I go into labor and then have a c section, or schedule one. I have a feeling that they're going to want to schedule one, but wouldn't it be better till my little bean is ready?

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Mine is breech right now too and they were talking about scheduling me for a c-section. They said they'd wait until mid 39 to 40 weeks though just to give him all the extra time possible to potentially go head down again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.