Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A doctor friend of mine this week told me about a new study showing that elderly people who got flu shots five years in a row had a substantial increase in Alzheimer's. Has anyone seen this? I'd like to read up. We don't do flu vaxes, but yikes.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Google Dr. Hugh Fudenberg and Alzheimers.

·
Registered
24,722 Posts
Alzheimers and aluminum have been linked in some studies; there is plenty of aluminum in the vaccine and postmortem studies show lots of AL in the brain tissue of Alzheimers patients.<br><br>
But then, there are studies to refute this as the brain seems to absorb more aluminum naturally from the food we eat as we age anyway.<br><br>
But... Why inject more into your system?<br><br>
Dr. Mendelsohn used to write about going to weddings and other family celebrations and noticing that the gatherings were always devoid of older family members because these people were at home recovering from their flu shot.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I knew about the aluminum / Alzheimer's thing. My friend sounded like this is a new study; I just hadn't seen anything about it and wondered if any of you had. This doesn't change anything for me, but I'm curious. Scattershoot, I'm off to google.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts