Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reorganizing our disorganized aprtment and now have a nice dresser that I am using to categorize. I have drawer chuck full of arts and crafts and coloring books. I do have an extra drawer that I haven't decided on what to put in it. Should coloring books have their own space?
BTW...The crayons and markers have their own small drawer up top.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
If the coloring books fit with the crayons I'd put them there, if not then their own draw, or with the "loose" paper.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
philisopphicaly no but for organizing purposes they certainly can share a drawer. but if you have a spare drawer I would put them in there.

·
Registered
14,840 Posts
We just put them in a drawer or on a shelf with the papers, scissors, markers, and crayons.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i know its fluff, so I'll add more...
Are you children more creative or more logical? i would organize them according to how and by whom they will be used.

I looved coloring books until my teenage years. I was totally intimidated by blank paper and the idea of having to come up with my own idea for a picture, but I love (still
) to pick colours that go well together and challenge myslef to stay in the lines. Maybe its the Virgo in me?-)

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyka
philisopphicaly no but for organizing purposes they certainly can share a drawer. but if you have a spare drawer I would put them in there.

Yeah, that.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My DD is more logical. My ds is only one so isn't moer of anyhting just yet

BTW>>>I"m a virgo , too!

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sadkitty
i know its fluff, so I'll add more...
Are you children more creative or more logical? i would organize them according to how and by whom they will be used.

I looved coloring books until my teenage years. I was totally intimidated by blank paper and the idea of having to come up with my own idea for a picture, but I love (still
) to pick colours that go well together and challenge myslef to stay in the lines. Maybe its the Virgo in me?-)

really?! You're giving me hope here. I AM the logical type. Can't draw for [email protected]*. And I thought it was BECAUSE my mom gave me coloring books instead of blank paper. But I like to color, even today and stay inside the lines. Have you discovered Mandalas? Spiritual coloring for adults. I love them! Maybe I will get my DD some coloring books.

- EC (sag)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellien C
really?! You're giving me hope here. I AM the logical type. Can't draw for [email protected]*. And I thought it was BECAUSE my mom gave me coloring books instead of blank paper. But I like to color, even today and stay inside the lines. Have you discovered Mandalas? Spiritual coloring for adults. I love them! Maybe I will get my DD some coloring books.

- EC (sag)
Oh mama! I looove to do mandalas! I haven't in a looong while though. My baby likes to eat art supplies
. I used to print them off from the computer and take my coloured pencils and bliss out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts