Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 11 month old dd has been CD'ed her whole life and I love it! BF poop was no big deal, just came out in the wash. Then once she started eating solids I could just "flick" the waste in the toilet, no big deal.

Well for some reason, her poop is much messier for the past month. I find myself using a ton on toilet paper getting it off in the toilet. So I though I may try those flushable liners to help me clean up.

I heard that Imse Vimse flushable liners are good because if babe doesn't poop, you can wash them with your diapers and use them again until they do poop. I love that idea.

Any thought, ideas, stories or suggestions on flushable liners??

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoKat View Post
I heard that Imse Vimse flushable liners are good because if babe doesn't poop, you can wash them with your diapers and use them again until they do poop.
I've washed/re-used my non-poopy Imse Vimse flushable liners, and they still work great! My only problem is that I always forget to use them

I recently got a mini-shower and LOVE it for cleaning up messy poop diapers.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm glad you brought up this issue.

I was going to order some Imse flusable liners...but then I thought "isn't it just paper? like a sposie? why use cloth then?"

But I've never even seen these type of liners so I dunno...

·
Registered
56 Posts
i use them every time i diaper him. the Imse vimse ones are great, even though he just has BF poos, I still use them b/c I think its gross. Basically I just tuck one into each of my dipes when I fold them after they are washed, so they are already in there and I dont need to deal with it when Im actually diapering him.

They catch most of the poop, but if he had solids and the poop wasnt so runny, I think they'd catch it all. If he doesnt poop, I just wash them with my dipes and I've washed liners several times before they happen to be in a poopy dipe. I dont know how many times you can wash them before they start to break down, its never happened to me yet.

As far as being wasteful, they are just very thin rice paper. thinner than toilet paper, so I dont think its that wasteful. As far as wasting water to flush them, which was DH's concern, we agreed to just toss them in the toilet if they get poo'ed on and leave them there until we would flush anyway. That seems to work well.

If you cant tell, I really love these liners. He's just two months old, but I think washing two day old poop would have grossed me out too much.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimsansf View Post
If you cant tell, I really love these liners. He's just two months old, but I think washing two day old poop would have grossed me out too much.
Yep and I would think the pg hormones that make you wanna barf from icky smells are still at work with you...if you are only 2 month pp.

I was thinking about that this morning as I was loading up the washer with diapers... that would NOT be fun if I was pg ... the smell would get to me.

But as far as a paper liner...how is that "feel" different to the baby?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CCChanel View Post

But as far as a paper liner...how is that "feel" different to the baby? I mean... a big reason for me to cd is that I know my babies are more comfy...and would that paper liner just end up feeling like a sposie??
Hmmm... good question. I never thought of that. I guess I dont really know. We've never had any issues with any rashes or reactions or anything... and he doesnt seem to be cranky so I dont know?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have been using Kushie liners, they seem to work well. 15 month old daughter is a pretty consistent pooper so I know when to use them and not to use them. We have had no problem with rashes or anything and it makes clean up a lot nicer especially because we don't have a lot of water to spare where I live. My husband loves them because he doesn't like sticking his hand in the toilet or diaper to get the really sticky poopy off the diaper.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Flush wise, you'd have to knock the poop into the toilet anyway...

Flushable liners was how I got my DH on board--he didn't fancy the idea of getting it off the dipes!

The Imse Vimse liners are pretty soft, and quite thin. I don't think it would affect baby's skin unless they were very very sensitive. It's just cellulose. And it's just one little bit of paper that goes down the toilet; nothing like using a whole sposie!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.