Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt flutters today! Hooray!

I am 14 weeks today. I didn't feel anything at all with my third until about twenty weeks, and with my fourth, maybe 17 weeks. I was shocked (and excited!) to feel something today. It's happened three separate times now.

Anyone else?

Reactions: TeeThatsMe

·
Registered
444 Posts
YES! Maybe five times now over the past several weeks. And it's happening more frequently--once last Thursday, once yesterday, and once today--so I am hopeful that it's going to get more and more consistent. This morning I got a little kick at 6:30 in the car and almost had to pull over, I was so excited to say "Good morning" and lavish all my attention on my midsection. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yep yep yep!!!! On Wednesday I felt little baby movements. And it was the day bbefore my 14th week mark. I didn't feel.movement until I was 16 weeks with my last pregnancy! I love it! I always say its a nice little reminder of the amazing life growing inside of us! Yayyyyy!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Fourth pregnancy at 13 weeks and nothing here yet. I remember after labor on my third I would feel the same fluttering feelings as baby kicks, except there was no baby in there (not really big baby kicks, those are different). It has me wondering if it's all just gas and we just think it's babies!!! Looking forward to feeling this one, though.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I feel baby movement daily, now! :D It is so exciting!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yippee for all the movement! :grin: I feel fluttery bubbles here and there, but in the past week it has been daily. I also experience what I call "Phantom Baby" where I would swear under oath I feel a baby moving in there, but this happens when I am NOT pregnant. At 7-8 weeks or so I would have sworn I had felt movement, but... it was either Phantom Baby phenomenon or gas...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm feeling a little 'flippy' kind of feeling right around where we heard the hearbeat. Don't know if that's baby or just everything in that area being odd now, lol! I even tried laying on my stomach after dinner tonight to see if I could feel it better, but no luck.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I am so taking advantage of being able to lay on my stomach at bed time right now. Really not looking forward to the later part when I can't do anything but one side or the other.

I remember now being able to feel something at 12 weeks with my second pregnancy. Last night I was telling my husband that I can't feel the baby and he says, "Well, are you still sick?"... "Yes"... and boobs are still sore, so I guess everything is okay in there.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I've 12 weeks and usually feel my babies pretty early. I first felt a "tickle" waaaay down low at 10 weeks. Yesterday, I felt that tickle slightly higher a few more times, and it was slightly stronger, but still a tickle. My fundus has moved up noticeably since last week. It's a good 3" above my pubic bone.

While I always feel baby early myself, feeling from the outside always takes longer than it does for most people. I guess I'm well padded. :p My DH always has to wait sooooo long, and then the baby will tease him and not move when his hand is on my belly. :lol

But the movement I felt yesterday has helped with the anxiety, since we didn't hear the heartbeat at my appointment last week (we heard the placenta, and baby was probably behind that, where the Doppler couldn't catch it - midwife wasn't concerned at all). I look forward to feeling more movement, so I don't have to worry about whether there is a heartbeat. ;)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm not 100% sure it was baby, but a couple of times I've felt a weird rolling/sweeping/dragging sensation. It was the same with DS, a feeling like this that I wasn't sure was baby, followed by for sure baby flutters along with more if this rolling sensation. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I started feeling that weird rolling sensation low in my pelvis around 10 weeks and now that sensation is accompanied by some decent thumps and flutters. This is the earliest I've felt baby but it's was confirmed when we were doing ultrasound at 10 weeks and baby hiccuped and I felt the bump. It's so comforting to feel wiggles!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I've felt a mix of the tickles and a rolling sensation. I think I felt a roll this morning.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, :)
I'm 17 weeks now and feel him daily. Mostly when I'm lying on my back but sometimes sitting down or driving. Mostly when he kicks or pokes my bladder lol, but the other movements are getting stronger.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I'm 17 weeks and I feel the baby daily as well. I LOVE it. Those early feelings are so wonderful. It took so long to feel my last baby that it worried me. Not this time though! I think I have been feeling the baby for awhile, but it's just in the last week or two that the movements have been without a doubt the baby :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Still not feeling it every day, just that one day, but I'll be 16 weeks on Saturday, so I'm not too worried yet.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think I may have felt it a couple of times thanks to all of your descriptions, but really not sure. Excited for the real deal when it happens more frequently and noticeably.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts