Mothering Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me too!

I'll be starting week 15 on Saturday, and I write down every day when I think I can feel him. I've been writing it down for weeks now. I'm a nay-sayer to the crazy stuff but I honestly think I have been feeling my baby since my tenth week, every so gently. This is my fourth pregnancy so I know what to be expecting. I'm definitely sure about this week, though. Happens infrequently throughout the day, mostly when I'm sitting down scrunched in front of my computer, lol. I have been waiting months for it, as you all have, and have just wanted it sooo bad! Good luck to those who have not yet, you will soon!!!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I'll be 15 weeks Monday. I'm feeling flips and flops probably once every couple days. I have always felt my babies on the early side of normal, and I felt babies #3 and #4 do little tickles at 10 weeks. As big as my uterus has gotten this week, it's no wonder I'm feeling stuff! My fundus is right at the bottom of my belly button now. 5 days ago, it was a couple inches below. My body certainly remembers what to do from the last 3 times! :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
17 weeks yesterday and for the past 3 days I've felt the baby kicking at least once a day. Every kicking occasion is a relief.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I was pretty sure I was feeling little pokes, but I haven't felt anything in a couple days so I'm wondering if I imagined it. I'm not even 16 weeks yet though, so still early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven't felt anything yet at 16.5 weeks, but still assuming it's early for a first timer. However, for the last month or so, I am getting random single hiccups, probably 5-10 times throughout the day. It's not like normal hiccups where you have them for a few minutes; it's just one hiccup at a time and then nothing for a while. I've googled and can't really find anything conclusive about what causes this. One place mentioned breathing more during pregnancy or something and that disrupts the diaphragm. But I'm wondering now if baby is kicking/punching and causing the hiccup. Not sure if that is even a possibility, but I'm curious to see if there's any correlation once I do start feeling it move. Anyone else experience this before?

·
Registered
885 Posts
sarahjs, I remember reading about that ten years ago. I don't think it's the baby kicking, it's just something about being pregnant (maybe the relaxin?) causes the diaphragm to spasm more, so hiccups.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I discovered at my ultrasound that my placenta is in front, which supposedly means that it'll take a while longer to feel the movements. Hmmm... I thought I have been feeling some things sometimes. Particularly when I lay on my stomach. Sometimes I do this just for fun, to feel the movements. My moments of connection. :x
Today my belly was totally lopsided. It looked really weird. I tried to push things around, to center it more, but it was quite happy to be positioned on my right side...

·
Registered
371 Posts
I continue to think I *may* feel stuff from time to time, but nothing regular enough to be sure. Like @sarahjs, I assume this is normal as a first timer - I read somewhere we might not even feel quickening until 25 weeks! I have been trying to find information on this but haven't had any luck, anyone know why subsequent pregnancies are more sensitive to feeling baby? Is it the awareness of what those little movements are, or is it an actual shift in the sensitivity of the uterus from giving birth? @dentonmidwife, do you know?

·
Registered
184 Posts
So I have been feeling rolling and little flicks since I was 14 weeks. I will be 19 weeks this Thursday. And today my little one must have graduated from flicks to kicks. Boy am I feeling kicks lol. Its so great. I love itttttt

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I've been feeling definite little rollings and bumps the last couple days. It's so faint, and if I was new to this, I would be very unsure what it is. Fifteen and a half weeks!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Now (16 weeks) I'm feeling little taps and nudges daily, usually just as I'm going to bed at night and sometimes before getting out of bed in the morning. Today I felt a tap on the outside as well! My midwife thinks I probably have an anterior placenta (heard it on the Doppler) so that would explain why all the taps I'm feeling are usually one side or the other and never right in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I'm 16 weeks, and baby was moving a bunch last night - totally flipping out. I put my hand on my belly and felt a few taps from the outside, matching the internal thumps. This is the earliest I've ever felt from the outside!

Reactions: TeeThatsMe

·
Registered
154 Posts
Feeling what I thought was babe for about 2-3 weeks now, but today the pokes and jabs are unmistakeable :)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
This thread is making me smile sooo big!!! I have been feeling movement since around 14 weeks. I am almost 18weeks now and haven't felt much for the past few days. I am trying to chalk it up to distraction and not freak out! I will be having a mw appt in the next 1-2 weeks (I have GOT to get around to scheduling that! lol.) I have to decide if I will consent to doppler to ease my mind (will it ease my mind? It doesn't have a great track record of doing that for me... Usually just causes more anxiety because I then rely on that for my peace and comfort instead of the Prince of Peace, KWIM?). We shall see how the next couple of weeks go, I guess.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had a lot of carbs and sugars yesterday and today, and baby has been very active. Lots of flutters and flicks! I love it!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts