Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that a lot of you use Dr. Bronner's soap for a handwash and put it in a Foaming Soap Container.

Where did you find them?

I found one site online, but they want you to spend at least $20 and the shipping was outrageous!

Thanks in advance!
Carrie

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
We bought the dial soap that comes in the container. Dumped out the soap and washed it really well, then refilled it with our soap mix. We bought one from Pampered Chef and it broke really quickly, but the dial container was way cheaper and hasn't broken yet.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
same thing...I bought foamy soap from the store and use that container. I found one that wasn't antibacterial so I used the soap, but i would have dumped the Dial as well.

If I ever have to replace one, Kiss My Face has these really yummy foamy soaps now that people buy through the Frontier co-op I run offboard and I will totally be buying one of those as a splurge and then reuse that bottle!

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Oooh, now I have to make sure to order the Kiss My Face soap with my Frontier order, thanks for the heads up! I was wondering if there were any other good containers, We are reusing a softsoap one and a Kandoo one right now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I actually got this idea from selling Pampered Chef! People were always ordering the soap pumps (pricey), and then calling me because they would break really fast. I read in the directions that you just put in watered down regular soap, so when my dial pumps ran out, I started refilling them myself, and that's been like two years ago now, and my dial pumps still keep pumping!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aisling View Post
same thing...I bought foamy soap from the store and use that container. I found one that wasn't antibacterial so I used the soap, but i would have dumped the Dial as well.

If I ever have to replace one, Kiss My Face has these really yummy foamy soaps now that people buy through the Frontier co-op I run offboard and I will totally be buying one of those as a splurge and then reuse that bottle!

Oh, the KMF ones are expensive but sooooooo wonderful. We love them. And they do last awhile so it's not too terrible an expense. I was planning on reusing them with some handsoap I got at Trader Joe's but I'm kind of hooked on KMFs actual soap and scents. I wish they would make refills!!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chel View Post
we use the "Tone" foaming soap and then refill with a castile soap (not Dr. B, but a cheaper brand)
Have your Tone ones gotten so you push them down and they stay down? Is there any way to fix that (other than doing what I do, which is just pulling it up by hand before I pump soap out of it)?

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
I've found that the castille soaps make the foaming dispenser clog up really fast. I prefer to use diluted dishwashing liquid. I keep a bottle of all-natural dishwashing liquid under the bathroom sink just for this purpose.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
I've found that the castille soaps make the foaming dispenser clog up really fast. I prefer to use diluted dishwashing liquid. I keep a bottle of all-natural dishwashing liquid under the bathroom sink just for this purpose.
That's so weird! I've never had them clog up (though my MIL has. I think she was using a LOT of soap and not a lot of water though?) but when I tried to use dishsoap in a pinch once, it didn't foam *at all*.
Maybe I didn't use enough soap?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
One of my dispensers was originally some kind of Kid's soap from Walmart. It has gotten stuck like that & we have to pull it up. It is hard for the 3 yo. I guess I need to buy some more dial & pour it out!
But heck, the expensive pump I bought from Country Bunny did the same thing. It was like $8. So, yup, I'd just buy the Dial and toss it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.