Mothering Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is what was happening to me but my baby's giant head got stuck on my cervix so my body was trying to eject her and she wasn't budging.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My midwife told me today at my checkup that my body demonstrated a really strong example of this! My body wanted that baby out!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'll have to remember this for next time. That is one thing I don't like it's her telling me to push. My body starts pushing on its own, then she kinda takes over. I pushed 37 min with Ana and around 25 with Nathaniel. This time she was trying to slow me down so I wouldn't tear until she saw he was kinking the cord, then she was trying to hurry, for obvious reasons. A shorter 2nd stage would have probably been better, though I might have torn more. I would have taken that trade to not have to see him limp and blue. :(

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to remember this for next time. That is one thing I don't like it's her telling me to push. My body starts pushing on its own, then she kinda takes over. I pushed 37 min with Ana and around 25 with Nathaniel. This time she was trying to slow me down so I wouldn't tear until she saw he was kinking the cord, then she was trying to hurry, for obvious reasons. A shorter 2nd stage would have probably been better, though I might have torn more. I would have taken that trade to not have to see him limp and blue. :(
:hug I imagine that image will haunt you for a long time.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yes, I'm sure it will. I had a baby book come in the mail the next evening. I was happily filling it out when it said, "What you looked like". I started crying and had to put it down. Hubby's face was just awful in that moment too. With Ana he was in love, with Nathaniel he looked like he was about to cry. Even Ana was standing still and quiet then. Yes, not a moment I wish to have in there, but thank God it ended well!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I once saw a documentary about a mother who went into a coma while about 6 months pregnant. When the baby was full term her body pushed the baby out on its own. The medical staff appeared to know this would happen and be comfortable letting the comatose body deliver the baby without intervention. I've never forgotten that and always wondered why we didn't just let every mother's body push the baby out on its own.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I think sometimes we might want the baby out sooner than our body would expel it on its own.

My first baby, my first push was involuntary. That was in a dim hospital room. My next three were at home and I never had that completely involuntary push. Especially with my last, I wanted that baby out. ASAP. So I was definitely pushing.

I was in so much pain, I honestly don't know that I would want to wait! I obviously worrying until I was feeling pushy with each contraction before I started pushing.

This is definitely something interesting to think about.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
My second baby was born like this. Dh lifted the sheet and he was almost out, no pushing from me! I pushed hard with my third, he was in the caul and it felt dry, like rubber against rubber. And my fourth was soooo big, I definitely had to put some oomph behind the shoulders. Astoria, I did push, but she was coming on her own, I was just so ready. And her arms were up by her face, so it felt different that just a round head.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
The only one I experienced this with was my last! I always assumed it was because his cord was so short (so short it snapped at birth!) that my body knew he needed a fast labour and "ejection". I'm hoping for a slower breathing down of the baby this time like with my other births.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Totally had this again, much to the dismay of my vagina. I should have breathed through the crowning, but I just wanted baby OUT. Didn't push at all until head was partially out and then I got impatient and one big push shot her entirely out.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
@Metasequoia! I bet your vagina will get over it! They do that- burn like hell and then heal real well. Yes, that is quotable......!
I like that quote. This baby was by far the most painful and burning coming out and the only one with no stitches. No burning or pain when going to the bathroom, even the first time. Woot!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I was also completely pain free down there after birth. Then at about 10 days pp I guess I wiped too hard after peeing. It still hurts now a week later! Be very careful guys, lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts