Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm hoping to buy a dehydrator. I've read the excalibur ones are good quality. Upon checking prices I see there is a 2900 and a 3900 model--what's the difference?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone else have a brand they recommend?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
<p>We have a Nesco American Harvest that we've had for, IDK 7 or 8 years now, at least (dad bought it when I was in college at walmart...), and its still going strong and working like a pro. I use it tons in the summer (dried apples, peaches, etc) and sporadicly through the fall/winter/spring for making deer jerky. We love it. :shrug</p>

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
I got an Excalibur a few months back after using a cheapie for a year. I was shocked at the differemce. I love my Excal, its amazing. I will say, get the 9 tray. I contemplated for weeks on whether to spend the extra money on the larger number of trays... I fill all 9 trays at least once a week.<br><br>
However, if there's a question of whether you will actually use it, id look around thrift stores for a cheapie first. I used a cheapie for a year before it gave up the ghost, and at that point knew it wouldnt be a waste to splurge on the E.<br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts