Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, you always here of this or that food that helped someone finally go into labor.
With me, I swear it was the long walk and banana milkshake that finally got things going.
For a friend of mine, it was borscht.
I want to know what foods others have sworn to you work, or that you feel helped you in a previous pg. Recipes or take out info is great if you have it.
Maybe we can feed Jeliphish into labor!

·
Registered
844 Posts
DDC crashing here - but for me when pregnant with DD it was fresh pineapple and lots of it!

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
laughup

I had hot wings immediately before I went into labor, I doubt they had anything to do with it though. We were at a BBQ and this really mean, vulgar major insisted that I would go into labor after eating them. I just glared at him and told him not to test the pregnant woman. Sure enough, about 10 minutes after leaving the BBQ my contractions started

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
laughup

I had hot wings immediately before I went into labor, I doubt they had anything to do with it though. We were at a BBQ and this really mean, vulgar major insisted that I would go into labor after eating them. I just glared at him and told him not to test the pregnant woman. Sure enough, about 10 minutes after leaving the BBQ my contractions started

That is so funny!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Nothing worked for me, food wise. I ate so much pineapple with my last and omg! It gave me diarrrhea so bad, my bum was on fire. Do not overdo the pineapple!!!

I've not touched pineapple since then!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I would not recommend this but right before I went into labor I ate an entire 12 pack of reeses cups. Blargh... I thought my labor was stomach pains for at least an hour!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Ok, Jeliphish, I hope you're making a grocery list.

You need:

Appetizer:
Extra hot chicken wings

Main Course:
Borcht and Pineapple....TONS of pineapple.

Dessert:
12 Reese cups and a banana milkshake

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
pineapple is such a cruel food! If I eat it fresh, even a little bit, my mouth hurts
I think its too acidic for me. Every once in a while I can eat 1 or 2 little bites, but I don't dare eat more than that because it hurts for a couple days! Even when dh made me a smoothie that was pretty much just from a bag of frozen mixed fruit that happened to have pineapple in it, THAT hurt me. Canned is fine though. And I looooove pineapple!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had always heard that greasy pizza does the trick.

So, with dd, dh and I went and had greasy pizza and to a movie. That night I went into labor around 1am.

But, I also went and had a massage that day and walked around downtown for like 3 hours. Hard to know which things contributed more, or if it was just the combination of all those things. Or none and that baby was just ready?

Sadie

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JD5351 View Post
Ok, Jeliphish, I hope you're making a grocery list.

You need:

Appetizer:
Extra hot chicken wings

Main Course:
Borcht and Pineapple....TONS of pineapple.

Dessert:
12 Reese cups and a banana milkshake
BLORF. :puke

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've heard eggplant on several occasions.

Funnily enough I just HAPPEN to be having some eggplant this evening.... coincidence? Probably NOT!

I also ate almost an entire pineapple last night. Nothin'...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.