Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to wean my DD - 12 months. She eats a lot for breakfast, and eats with us at dinner, but for lunch I just don't know. She doesn't eat bread very well, so a sandwich is out of the question. That is about all I can come up with. She only has her two bottom teeth, so she doesn't really chew or take bites. I would really like to have her weaned before I have my new baby (not until June). I am not really interested in tandum nursing. Also, any ideas for snacks?

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Yes, 12 months is a little young for sandwiches. IMO, it's a little young for scheduled meals like that at all. Especially since she only has two teeth, it might be hard getting enough food -- and enough nutrition -- into her without nursing. I know that's not what you want to hear, but chances are you won't get a lot of support here for weaning at such a young age -- many of the MDC mamas believe in extended BFing and/or child-led weaning. You should probably try to nurse as long as you can -- June is a ways off.

Some good early foods are avocado, banana, sweet potato, hard-boiled egg yolk (no white until after a year), apple- or pearsauce, winter squashes, very soft cooked beans.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts