Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sounds like a phase to me. It's unreal how many phases of eating we've gone through with our two daughters, and the oldest is only 3!

If she didn't want to eat her dinner, I would make her sit at the table with us while we ate and have family time. I would put her plate in the fridge, and when she asked for a snack, she can have her cold dinner. (My kids eat almost everything cold - starting with formula and babyfood and even now, half of their food doesn't get eaten until well after it's been served). If she doesn't like the food cold, she'll have motivation to eat it while it's warm! But I wouldn't give her snacks if she didn't eat her dinner.

One thing we went through with my oldest was a milk problem. She is a total milk junkie, and if we give her a cup of milk at dinner, she drinks it all and then is too full to eat. So we wait until she's at least halfway through her dinner before giving her milk. DD#2, on the other hand, won't eat her dinner at all without a drink - she's like me - so we just have to work it out two different ways.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.