Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd accidentally drank some spoiled bm yesterday afternoon. She threw up shortly afterward and has been running a low-grade fever since. She has been lethargic and clingy and acting generally uncomfortable--all she wants to do is nurse! She hasn't had any diarrhea. We just gave her a little Tylenol for the fever. I'm assuming her symptoms are related to the bad milk. It had been previously frozen and was thawed over 24 hours before she drank it. It got mixed up with a fresh bottle. I tasted it and it was definitely spoiled.<br><br>
So here's my question--does anyone have any idea what kind of bacteria we're dealing with here? It seems that some types of food poisoning can be pretty serious with babies. Her ped is off today and last time we took her in to see the on-call doctor things got out of hand, so I'd like to avoid that.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top