Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about two weeks ago I could not stand the sight or smell of food, let alone try to eat it. Now I feel like I am always starving and I cannot get enough food. Anyone else feel like this? Here is an example...for breakfast at 7:00 I had a beagel and cream cheese, it is only 9:15 and I am having cheese its. Oh well

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
That's funny, it's almost been the opposite for me! Two weeks ago I was eating a lot, VERY hungry. Now, the past couple days I've felt yucky and not wanted to eat much. Last night I had a stomach ache all night and now I don't feel very good this morning either. BUT, last night I did eat chinese food, which tasted great at the time...

Who knows??

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Right now it's the best (or worse) of both worlds. I feel so, so, so hungry. But I can barely eat because everything looks/smells/tastes horrible. Grumbling tummy and no way to stop it.

Even the taste of my own saliva makes me nauseated.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yep! Watching "Food Network" has been especially challenging lately...one second, they show black beans w/some Mexican queso crumbled on it & I'm thinking "YUMMY!!! I want that NOW!"...10 seconds later they show a taco w/scrambled eggs, cheese, peppers, & veggies, and I have to avert my eyes or I get queasy.

*I* complain that I have to eat every 1/2 hr or so. I want to do more than eat all dang day!!
I have to eat a BIG breakfast, when I'm the least likely inclined to eat. I find that if I eat protein, I can go a little longer before the "eat NOW!!" urge hits. Problem is, I can't stand the thought of most forms of protein. Thank goodness I'm not allergic to peanuts...

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Me too, gotta force down food ever 1 1/2 hrs to keep from getting super sick. I DREAD eating. Most of the time I can't tell if I'm hungry or sick

I pretty much have to eat whatever my current craving is, then if I even THINK about it the next day I gag like crazy.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grace's voice
I pretty much have to eat whatever my current craving is, then if I even THINK about it the next day I gag like crazy.
I am so there with you! It's funny how the cravings are so short and intense, like sprinters, but the aversions are long lasting! I can't think about milk still, blech. A lot of dairy makes me woozy, in fact (except for ice cream!)

Actually, my pickle craving has been pretty sustained. I'm loving a lot of things that are sour-ish. Tabbouli last night was soooo good! My DH is the best for running out and getting it while I vegged out on the couch (doing homework, but still). And he brought baklava, too! yum....

·
Registered
994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lillake
Right now it's the best (or worse) of both worlds. I feel so, so, so hungry. But I can barely eat because everything looks/smells/tastes horrible.
This is me right now. I MUST eat or I feel terrible. But the thought of food is gross. It's been a long few weeks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Right now it's the best (or worse) of both worlds. I feel so, so, so hungry. But I can barely eat because everything looks/smells/tastes horrible. Grumbling tummy and no way to stop it.

I am with you here, so sick all the time but starving as well. Today's craving is potato and grapes (not together
) DH is making a run later because I have no desire to be seen out in public today LOL

I am counting down this first trimester!!

Warmly,
Erin

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
oOoOoOhhhHhhh last night the only thing I could imagine eating was jo jos and fried chicken from the deli at Albertson's. I had another piece of chicken this morning... sooooo regretting it now. I can feel the evil greasies inside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.