Mothering Forum banner

41 - 60 of 550 Posts

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
"If pet owners reported that a brand of pet food was killing and injuring their pets, owners would demand a recall and some compensation.

And it would be taken off the market.

But 100,000's of parents are and have reported illness, autism, and death from vaccines in their children for decades.

Yet nothing is done.

ASK WHY!"

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
Be informed. With libraries and the internet, there is NO excuse.

"Your failure to be informed does not make me a wacko." - John Loeffler

Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
and,

Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time.
“What is history? The lie that everyone agrees on...”

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
“It is one of the great ironies of corporate control that the corporate state needs the abilities of intellectuals to maintain power, yet outside of this role it refuses to permit intellectuals to think or function independently.”
Chris Hedges

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
“It is one of the great ironies of corporate control that the corporate state needs the abilities of intellectuals to maintain power, yet outside of this role it refuses to permit intellectuals to think or function independently.”
Chris Hedges
Excellent quote.

Few people realize that we have lived in an unofficial, undeclared, but very real plutocracy or oligarchy for the past fifty - seventy years. I blame the media, but that is another thread.

I return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :wink:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
It is ironic that those who claim to be anti-fascist are those who are most fascist.

"The Stasi was much, much worse than the Gestapo, if you consider only the oppression of its own people," according to Simon Wiesenthal of Vienna, Austria, who has been hunting Nazi criminals for half a century. "The Gestapo had 40,000 officials watching a country of 80 million, while the Stasi employed 102,000 to control only 17 million." One might add that the Nazi terror lasted only twelve years, whereas the Stasi had four decades in which to perfect its machinery of oppression, espionage, and international terrorism and subversion.

To ensure that the people would become and remain submissive, East German communist leaders saturated their realm with more spies than had any other totalitarian government in recent history. The Soviet Union's KGB employed about 480,000 full-time agents to oversee a nation of 280 million, which means there was one agent per 5,830 citizens. Using Wiesenthal's figures for the Nazi Gestapo, there was one officer for 2,000 people. The ratio for the Stasi was one secret policeman per 166 East Germans. When the regular informers are added, these ratios become much higher: In the Stasi's case, there would have been at least one spy watching every 66 citizens! When one adds in the estimated numbers of part-time snoops, the result is nothing short of monstrous: one informer per 6.5 citizens. It would not have been unreasonable to assume that at least one Stasi informer was present in any party of ten or twelve dinner guests.
http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/k/koehler-stasi.html?mcubz=0

·
Registered
18,455 Posts

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
Pictures with children and policies FOR the CHILDREN are used in propaganda to tug at your heartstrings.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire.

(as in aluminium is a necessary nutrient.)

Attachments

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
"You're neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You're right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right—and that's the only thing that makes you right. And if your facts and reasoning are right, you don't have to worry about anybody else."
~Warren Buffet

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
"Facts are stubborn things."
~John Adams
"Objective reality exists. Facts are often determinable. Carbon dioxide warms the globe. Bacteria evolve when challenged by antibiotics. Science and critical thinking are no political conspiracy. They are how we discover reality. Civilization's survival depends on our ability, and willingness, to do so."
~Alan MacRoberts
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules. Test ideas by experiments and observations. Build on those ideas that pass the test. Reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours."
~Neil DeGrasse Tyson

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
“The true seeker of knowledge naturally strives for truth,
and is not content with common opinion,
but soars with undimmed and unwearied passion
until he grasps the essential nature of things...”
~ PLATO
Plato's Republic 490b, translated from the original Greek

If tyranny and oppression ever come to these shores, it will be in the guise of a foreign power
- James Madison - as in germs, viruses, bacteria.

Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have.
What people say, what people do, and what people say they do are totally different things.
- Margaret Mead

I would rather walk alone, than run with millions going in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
Regret is the worst human emotion. If you took another road, you might have fallen off a cliff. I'm content.
- William Shatner
Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be.
- Frank Zappa
Multimedia scares me off.
- Michael Nesmith
Mothers' Milk, time-tested for millions of years, is the best nutrient for [human] babies because it is nature's perfect food.
Doctors are directly responsible for hooking millions of people on prescription drugs. They are also indirectly responsible for the plight of millions more who turn to illegal drugs; [this is] because [people] are taught at an early age [in our culture] that drugs can cure anything - including psychological and emotional conditions - that ails them.
Before you take the first dose of any medication your doctor prescribes, you should make it your business to find out more about the drug than the doctor himself knows .... furthermore, if you rush to take a drug, any drug, do so with the full knowledge that you are a Guinea Pig. The longer a drug is on the market, the more will be known about the side effects.
- (otherwise known as the post-marketing surveillance.)
Mothers, Grandmothers, and Mother Nature are the best doctors around.
Two pediatricians are worth one Grandmother.
- Dr Robert S. Mendelsohn, MD
We know the cause of SIDS. We can and have prevented them. It is all done with a compound called ascorbate. Not to use it means deaths will continue. There is NO other answer. There never will be. For our findings are based on scientific facts. Not medical opinion. ... Only after realizing that routine immunizations were dangerous did I achieve a substantial drop in infant death rates.
- Dr. Archie Kalokerinos, MD

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
Do NOT let either the medical authorities nor the politicians mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make you own decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a better world.
Optimal nutrition is the medicine of tomorrow.
Life - is a relationship between molecules.
When an old and distinguished person speaks to you, listen to him carefully and with respect — but do not believe him. Never put your trust into anything but your own intellect. Your elder, no matter whether he has gray hair or has lost his hair, no matter whether he is a Nobel laureate — may be wrong. The world progresses, year by year, century by century, as the members of the younger generation find out what was wrong among the things that their elders said. So you must always be skeptical — always think for yourself.
There is no safe amount of radiation. Even small amounts do harm.
If you want to have good ideas, you must have many ideas. Most of them will be wrong, and what you have to learn is which ones to throw away.
- Dr. Linus Pauling, Phd. winner of two independent Nobel Peace Prizes.

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
Pasteur originally conceived the idea of germs and of destroying them. Although this started as a personal thing, it has mushroomed into DDT, killing beetles and worms, resulting in food contamination, much sickness, and trouble. Although he is regarded as hero by modern medicine, Pasteur will be treated in much the same way as a warmonger when he is judged in the spiritual world.
Peace begins in the kitchens and pantries, gardens and backyards, where our food is grown and prepared. The energies of nature and the infinite universe are absorbed through the foods we eat and are transmuted into our thoughts and actions.
- Michio Kushi

REgarding the Hepatitis B vaccine given to newborns ...
The idea of giving this vaccine to a one-day old baby, a newborn, is preposterous. There is no scientific evidence for this. In fact, I called up the [hepatitis B vaccine] manufacturer and I had [a representative] come to St. Mary of Nazareth Hospital, where I am Chairman of the Department of Medicine, and I asked him: ‘Show me your evidence on one-day old infants as to side effects [from the hepatitis B vaccine]’ His answer – “We have none. Our studies were done on 5 and 10 year olds..” As a father, grandfather, a physician, and as a lawyer, I want the option of not giving it to my children unless I believe the scientific evidence is there.”
- ---—1997 Mayer Eisenstein, M.D., M.P.H. before Illinois Board of Health

It has been twenty years!

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
The mechanisms of vis medicatrix naturae - the healing power of nature - are so effective that most diseases are self-terminating.
The very process of living is a continual interplay between the individual and his/her environment, often taking the form of a struggle resulting in injury or disease.
Eradication of microbial disease is a will-o'-the-wisp; pursuing it leads into a morass of hazy biological concepts and half truths.
Men are naturally most impressed by diseases which have obvious manifestions, yet some of their worst enemies creep up on them unobtrusively.
You cannot see the Milky Way in New York City any more ... We risk the loss of our sensual perception. And if you lose those, naturally, you try to compensate by other stimulations, by very loud noises, or by bright lights or drugs.
..Search for the cause may be a hopeless pursuit because most disease states are the indirect outcome of a constellation of circumstances.
- Dr Rene Dubos, microbiologist

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
"Doctors are men [persons] who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure [treat] diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing."
- Voltaire

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
"We can easily become captured by a belief system that is built on a shaky and flawed foundation."
- Roman Bystrianyk

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
The reason Santa is so jolly is that he knows where all the bad girls live

May the forces of Evil become confused and lost on their way to your home.

Electricity is just organized lightning.
Do not sweat the petty things and do not pet the sweaty things.

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the Truth.

Some people see things that are and ask, "Why?"
Some people dream things that never were and ask, "Why not?"
Other people have to go to work and do not have time for this nonsense.
I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights.

... my mind does not work that way. I got this moronic thing I do - it is called thinking and I am not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions ... I have certain rules that I live by. My first rule, I do not believe anything the government tells me ... and I do not take very seriously the media or the press in this country.
- George Carlin

·
Registered
18,455 Posts
That last set of quotes was the best yet! Thanks.

Reactions: applejuice
41 - 60 of 550 Posts