Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mamas....

i have been baby lusting badly....and dd is turning 7 in dec and i soo want another child... my family thinks im insane... since ive thought about sperm banks... but i dont want a man.. i want a baby... i enjoy being a single mom and prefer it to when i was with my ex-h... but i dont know where to start...

i have looked all over the net... and feel this is the right decision for me and my family... but i dont know where to start... how did you ladies start ur journeys???

i live in canada and dont know what is covered by OHIP and what isnt... i need to look into my health insurance at work too.... i dont even know if i ovulate according to CM i dont... cuz its never egg whitish...

any other canadian mamas who have done this??? im kinda tired so i dont know if this is making sense...

there was also a book on doing home AI for lesbians.. but i cant remember the name... anyone know?????

ok im off to bed... and i hope you ladies can help me figure out what to do.. i got a few books on hold at the library... any other recommendations for websites and books would be appreciated...

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Hey Tricia - saw you over on the Single & TTC circle at FF - I wondered if it was you, but didn't want to bring up MDC in case I was wrong. Welcome!

Another good site, SMC-specific, with everyone from "just thinking" to trying/adopting to moms of older kids: http://www.network54.com/Forum/245234

The book is probably The Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy and Birth by Toevs and Brill. I found it to be a great resource, both in terms of TTC logistics and alternative family/pregnancy logistics. I'm hetero and single (as opposed to the lesbian & primarily partnered intended audience of the book) but there were very few things that were completely not applicable. Most of it was spot-on what I needed.

Good luck, regardless!

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i joined at FF... altho i do not receive pm's... which kinda sucks... i reserved that book at the library.. still waiting for it come....

Thank you for the help... its nice seeing a friendly face on a new board... :LOL

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jus paid for it through paypal... so i guess whenever it happens i will be able to get access.. whooo hooo :LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.