Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that you have some maple syrup and here is my favorite cookie recipe (of the healthy variety, that is! course this has lots of maple syrup in it!
: ) Too bad you've moved out of SD cuz we just moved to north county and I would have loved to have met you. Where do you live now?

Maple Peanut Butter Cookies
Feeding for the Healthy Vegetarian Family

1 cup natural peanut butter, at room temperature
1 cup maple syrup, at room temperature
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (original recipe says flavorless oil like canola, etc.)
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
2 ½ cups ww pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. In the mixer, whisk the peanut butter, syrup, oil, and vanilla together. Mix in the dry ingredients; stir till combined. Roll into balls and form criss-cross pattern with fork. Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for 2 minutes.

Makes about 24 large cookies.

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
thank you, but now i am curious: what is 'sd'? san dimas? san diego? south dakota?

maybe i mispoke somewhere, lol. i moved from socal about 15 years ago to tn, but that's it.

that recipe looks great, and (unlike cathe's ingredient-challenged reviewers) i happen to have all those items on hand. my boy wants cookies! and loves peanut butter! thanks again!

suse

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
San Diego. I was under the impression from something you wrote that you just recently moved from socal. I dunno.
Maybe it was because you talked about buying pet mlk from Alta Dena.. I dunno!

Let us know how you like them!

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I LOVE that recipe - and that is one of my favorite cookbooks. All of his cookie recipes are awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts