Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent the last three days of my life blanching, pitting and slicing what seemed like 2,000 pounds of peaches. Well, maybe more like 50. But still!<br><br>
I've never frozen peaches before and so I followed the directions of the side of the fruit preserver stuff for a light syrup I put them in before freezing them in bags. I'm wondering, now, if these peaches will be complete mush when defrosted. I mean, in that liquid they'll just turn to a oatmeal-like consistency. Right? Please say it ain't so! All I can think of to do with that is smoothies and peach applesauce.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I don't know if they would be mush, but I probably would have omited to syrup. I would have just sliced them and frozen them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and then either just put them in freezer bags or used one of those things that suck the air out of the bags and seals them.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
nak... i peel, slice, put in a ziplock bag, and freeze flat. i do not add syrup or water. they are great for smoothies, pies, cobbler, muffins, etc.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
since you already put them in syrup though, they'll be fine in pies or cobblers.<br>
we used to do them that way all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts